Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Stories like this make me wonder why on Halle Barry...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-03, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts

...is the only star many dvdtalkers like to crap on for having a huge diva ego?

It would seem huge diva egos are THE NORM in Hollywood. I suppose how much crap a star gets from Netgeeks concerning the issue is directly proportional to how much they want to F*** her.

Sharon Stone "Out of Control" on 'Catwoman' Set

Oscar-nominated actress Sharon Stone is causing havoc on the Vancouver, Canada set of new movie Catwoman with her diva-like behavior, according to movie insiders. The Basic Instinct star allegedly demanded more glamorous costumes, ordered last-minute script rewrites and even walked off the set to make a phone call in the middle of a shot, according to British tabloid the Daily Sport. An insider says, "Sharon's ego was absolutely out of control - and so was her behavior. She'd scream and yell if the slightest thing wasn't to her liking." In an interview earlier this year Stone told reporters that suffering a brain aneurysm in 2001 has made her look more carefully at her behavior.

from imdb
Old 12-01-03, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think anyone really likes Sharon Stone either, but she hasn't really been in anything big in like 15 years.

For the record, I don't dislike halle Berry cuz she's a diva ego - it's cuz she's annoying and can't act. The fact that she thinks she's the greatest black actress ever just makes her more annoying.
Old 12-01-03, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, that stupid IMDB news page is basically tabloid stories. If you believe half the stuff they print, then you're believing a lot of crap.
Old 12-01-03, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Seantn
Guys, that stupid IMDB news page is basically tabloid stories. If you believe half the stuff they print, then you're believing a lot of crap.
Right on
Old 12-01-03, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Seantn
You're probably right and since I was not there I can't say what happened.

But like most tabloids, often what happens is the "real story" got blown out or proportion. However, it had some basis in some fact . I also think Stone has been known for her Diva crap in the past so this story -could be- true.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-01-03 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-01-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We can only dislike one "diva"?
Old 12-01-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Trigger

For the record, I don't dislike halle Berry cuz she's a diva ego - it's cuz she's annoying and can't act. The fact that she thinks she's the greatest black actress ever just makes her more annoying.

1. annoying and can't act.

Perhaps.

2. Thinks she's the greatest black actress?

She does?
Old 12-01-03, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
You're probably right and since I was not there I can't say waht happened.

But like most tabloids, often what happens is the "real story" got blown out or proportion. However, it had some basis in some fact . I also think Stone has been known for her Diva crap in the past so this story -could be- true.
offtopic, hope your get project gotham racing 2 and or rainbox six 3, , I'm getting xbox live soon.
Old 12-01-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
We can only dislike one "diva"?

Of course not. Like/dislike who you want.

It's just that dvdtalkers tend to pounce on Barry like she personally did something to them.

I'm just trying to understand the hatred that's all.
Old 12-01-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Only one diva to dislike? Mah, ha, ha

Sharon Stone is on my personal shit list However, Halle is at the top!
Old 12-01-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Giantrobo •<HR SIZE=1>It's just that dvdtalkers tend to pounce on Barry like she personally did something to them.

<HR SIZE=1>

I was a pretty big Berry fan (the actress, didn't know much about the person) pre-Oscars. Then combine her disingenuous, two-faced Barbara Walters interview and her self-important and insulting Oscar speech, and I began to realize what she is really about. I still think she's a fine actress (and even deserved her Oscar), and she's damn hot, but I take personal offense to many of her racial comments as well as some of her personal actions, and I can no longer see her as the false image she's constructed for us to believe. Continue to like her if you want ... even continue to repeatedly complain about our dislike for her ... but that dislike is not unjustified. She earned it herself, not with rumors or tabloids, but with her own public actions.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 12-01-03 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-01-03, 08:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I lost all respect for Berry after her hit and run. It has nothing to do with her race or her Oscar speech...it has to do with the fact that she's a scummy human being.
Old 12-01-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
I can no longer see her as the false image she's constructed for us to believe.
Isn't that what actors are supposed to do?
Old 12-01-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
I lost all respect for Berry after her hit and run. It has nothing to do with her race or her Oscar speech...it has to do with the fact that she's a scummy human being.
Yep

Oh, we also hate J-lo!
Old 12-01-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Okay . . . time for a minor thread hijack . . . what's up with the phrase "greatest black actress" (or "greatest black actor")? I'm not picking on you, Trigger, it's just happened to be in your post and tripped an issue that has bothered me for a while . . . to be exact, ever since I heard Oprah, when interviewing members of the Amistad cast, refer to Djimon Hounsou as "one of the most talented, young, black actors today" (or something like that). Why the qualification? Why couldn't he have been "one of the most talented, young, actors today"? I would certainly consider Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, and Cuba Gooding, Jr. some of the finest actors in the industry right now . . . am I not allowed to phrase it that way?

Sorry for the side track . . . getting off of my pet peeve soapbox now . . .
Originally posted by eXcentris
I can no longer see her as the false image she's constructed for us to believe.
Isn't that what actors are supposed to do?
Old 12-01-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by matome
Yep

Oh, we also hate J-lo!

Hah! Now J-Lo I can see being hated.

She's even more OVERexposed than Barry....I'd still "hit it" though.
Old 12-01-03, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth Giantrobo •<HR SIZE=1>It's just that dvdtalkers tend to pounce on Barry like she personally did something to them.

<HR SIZE=1>

I was a pretty big Berry fan (the actress, didn't know much about the person) pre-Oscars. Then combine her disingenuous, two-faced Barbara Walters interview and her self-important and insulting Oscar speech, and I began to realize what she is really about. I still think she's a fine actress (and even deserved her Oscar), and she's damn hot, but I take personal offense to many of her racial comments as well as some of her personal actions, and I can no longer see her as the false image she's constructed for us to believe. Continue to like her if you want ... even continue to repeatedly complain about our dislike for her ... but that dislike is not unjustified. She earned it herself, not with rumors or tabloids, but with her own public actions.

das
she is no different than any number of self absorbed stars.

But to each their own.
Old 12-01-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last year there were a couple of "I Hate Julia Roberts" threads. They'll probably resurface when "Mona Lisa Smile" comes out.
Old 12-01-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone have a transcript of the Barbra Walters interview that das talked about. And if you look for the thread "favorite actor to bash" I posted the oscar speech there if anyones currious.

also regarding J-Lo, the only two movies we are allowed to like are Selina and Out of sight. Everything else is crap from a crappy over exposed damn fine (the looks) actress.
Old 12-01-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Giantrobo •<HR SIZE=1>she is no different than any number of self absorbed stars.<HR SIZE=1>

Very true. She ranks higher on my list, however, because I think some of her self-absorbed actions have had negative social impact beyond her own circle of work. Also, I'm sure a part of me dislikes her even more because she had me fooled. I actually believed the bullshit she was shovelling, and to see her expose herself as a fraud when I was rooting for her didn't make me very happy. Still, she's far from the only celebrity I dislike, and she's nowhere near the top of the list.

• Quoth Giantrobo •<HR SIZE=1>But to each their own. <HR SIZE=1>

Also very true, and I have no problem with anyone who likes her.

das
Old 12-01-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn internet geeks are rough

I don't understand all the hate towards these actresses. Halle is just fine in my opinion. And a great looking woman as well.
Old 12-01-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
anyone have a transcript of the Barbra Walters interview that das talked about. And if you look for the thread "favorite actor to bash" I posted the oscar speech there if anyones currious.
Link?
Old 12-01-03, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Giantrobo

But like most tabloids, often what happens is the "real story" got blown out or proportion.
Or the story was changed by someone who has something to gain from embarassing Sharon Stone
Old 12-01-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's cuz she's annoying and can't act.
She may be annoying, but don't give me any of that "she can't act" garbage!
Old 12-01-03, 03:21 PM
Banned

Who cares? Until Halle decides to spread her legs Sharon will always be the better person in my mind.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.