Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is T3 the last one?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Is T3 the last one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-03, 02:34 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is T3 the last one?

Is T3 the conclusion? In the DVDtalk review of the new T3 DVD, the reviewer says...

'It’s a fitting conclusion for a remarkable trilogy, and the disc’s video and audio presentations are absolutely top-notch.'

I was just wondering since T3 didn't seem like the last one that will be made. Plus, I am sure that it would earn big $$$ if they make another.
Old 11-11-03, 02:50 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be shocked if we didn't see more terminator movies. At least one more dealing with the war in the future.
Old 11-11-03, 02:50 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Well, Ahnuld is the Gov. of Kaalifournia so he's not going to be in a Termaniator movie for at least 3 years. I would have like to see a movie about the human resistance fighting and winning in the future though.
Old 11-11-03, 02:51 PM

There should be. Supposedly Ahhhnold has referred The Rock as his Terminating replacement.

According to Upcoming Movies, Claire Danes and Nick Stahl are already signed up:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808406215
Old 11-11-03, 02:54 PM

The 80-page treatment that currently exists for this movie takes place farther in the future as humanity is waging their war against the robots. John Connor will be the star, and beyond that... not much is known.
Old 11-11-03, 02:55 PM
Retired

Plus, in the future (from what they've shown so far anyway) the terminators don't have skin, they're just he metal exoskeleton or whatever. I think they just do the skin so they blend in when they send them back in time. So no Arnold is no big deal.
Old 11-11-03, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Plus, in the future (from what they've shown so far anyway) the terminators don't have skin, they're just he metal exoskeleton or whatever. I think they just do the skin so they blend in when they send them back in time. So no Arnold is no big deal.
not entirely so, in T3 Arnold states that he was the one to
Spoiler:
killed john conner
he would have to have skin to blend in for that mission
Old 11-11-03, 03:03 PM
Retired

Good point, but then again that's a case where they could have made a skin one just for a special mission (just like sending back in time).
Old 11-11-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Plus, in the future (from what they've shown so far anyway) the terminators don't have skin
Actually the whole point of the terminators was that they had skin, they just didn't all look like Arnold.

We see a non-Arnold model in the first Terminator during Reese's flashback (where the Sarah Connor picture burns)
Old 11-11-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
some of them had skin, so they could infiltrate human bases, but I think the majority of the skynet infantry was unskinned
and as reese said, the first ones to have "skin" used rubber
Old 11-11-03, 04:02 PM

I hope they do make a few more. Id love to see some stuff on the future war since all we have gotten is tantalizing glimpses.
Old 11-11-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read somewhere thae Arnold may make a cameo. I think it will probably be the scene when
Spoiler:
he kills John Conner
Old 11-11-03, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Meteu185
There should be. Supposedly Ahhhnold has referred The Rock as his Terminating replacement.

jesus...thanks for making me puke my guts up. insane. please, please...end it now.
Old 11-11-03, 04:39 PM

If you're really into The Terminator you should read S.M. Stirling's trilogy of novels:

T2: Infiltrator
T2: Rising Storm
T2: The Future War

The series starts out right after the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day and follows Sarah and John Connor into the present (and future). The third major protagonist is the guy who ends up being Skynet's model for the T-101 (an Austrian counter-terrorist commando, naturally)!

I usually don't bother with movie tie-in books because they seem to nearly always be money-driven hack jobs but these were really good. He manages to tie up a lot of loose threads from the films while punching out a really awesome original storyline of his own.

I liked Terminator 3 but Stirling's story is soooooooo much better!
Old 11-11-03, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Christ, let it end.