Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone NEVER seen the Indy movies?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Has anyone NEVER seen the Indy movies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird.

I'm 21, big movie fan, and never seen 'em. I dunno, no desire to? And I kinda like the Star Wars movies....
Old 10-22-03, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Regurgitator
No.. never seen any independent movies (aka Indy films) before nor have I seen any Indianapolis 400 type movies either.
Indianapolis 400 type movies?
Old 10-22-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hollow Man
As one who's seen them all in the theater during the original release, this thread frightens me. And for those who didn't see Star Wars and are over 30 - WTF? Those movies were a cultural thing that everyone went to see, even if sci-fi wasn't of interest!
Sorry, but "because everybody else is doing it" was never a good enough reason for me. If everybody else were jumping off a bridge, I wouldn't do that either.

Very well said, FilmFanSea.

Rob
Old 10-22-03, 11:01 PM

Yeah but you fail to realize that the reason everyone is jumping off the bridge is because there is a damn huge stone ball rolling right towards them.... where else are they gonna go!

You know I have always hated the "everyone else is doing it, so I won't, becasue I'm not a sheep" reason to not see a movie. Or the "I don't like that actor or director" reason.

I see myself as a fan of movies in general. There have been many movies that I did not like, but I gave them all at least one chance screening. I just don't understand how people can not give any movie at least one screening...how do you know you won't like it.

Timmio
Old 10-22-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never seen them.

Old 10-23-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've only seen Raiders of the Lost Ark in part and I haven't seen The Last Crusade.
Old 10-23-03, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never seen them, but I plan to buy the DVDs when I can save up the money. Money's tight when you're a college student.

I take donations, people.
Old 10-23-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I have never seen all of Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I have seen the other two many times. I dont really know why I have never seen it, but I guess there are alot of movies I(and other people) havent seen.
Old 10-23-03, 03:22 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Timmio
You know I have always hated the "everyone else is doing it, so I won't, becasue I'm not a sheep" reason to not see a movie.
The irony of this view is that these people are allowing the masses to dictate what they watch just as much as somebody who does go and see something just because it's popular.

But like I said, this is the Internet, where people go out of their way to be "contrarian." LOOK AT ME! I'M DIFFERENT! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 10-23-03, 03:25 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Groucho
The irony of this view is that these people are allowing the masses to dictate what they watch just as much as somebody who does go and see something just because it's popular.
Exactly. Elitists who won't watch block busters or "cultural phenomenen" type movies are just as annoying and nearsited as those that only watch blockbusters. They think they're cool because they shun what's popular, but like you said, they're still letting the masses pick what they watch, just in a less direct way.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 10-24-03 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-23-03, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a brother who's in his late 40's who's never seen...

Star Wars ( original AND new films)
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
Last Crusade
E.T.
Forrest Gump

...and pretty much any film in the past 30 years that was non-Woody Allen movie. He even claims he has no idea what Harrison Ford looks like and stands by the assertions "Because I don't know what he looks like, and I'm a 'normal' person, nobody else would either". When I tried saying "How many "normal" people exclusively watch only Woody Allen movies?" he got really angry.

In fact he said to me recently "I should start going to the movies. Does Woody have a new one out?".