Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm going to a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Screening Tonight

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I'm going to a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Screening Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and whats a wife beater again?
Old 10-15-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
and whats a wife beater again?
Kind of like a tank-top shirt that is similar to underwear. I think it got its name from being the steretypical wardrobe of drunken men who like to beat their wives.
For reference, Bill wears one on King of the Hill.
Old 10-15-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I think it got its name from being the steretypical wardrobe of drunken men who like to beat their wives.
Yep, as evident on every single episode of COPS.
Old 10-15-03, 06:33 PM
cheenno

Originally posted by steebo777
What are you talking about cheenno? In no way is the movie gory IMO. At least, not on caliber with the gore in Kill Bill.
Spoiler:
Although the scenes with the hooks in the back of the guy hanging is kind of intense.

If I had to rate it, I'd say 3/4. Hey... it was better than Outhouse of the Dead, that is a given.
I have yet to see Kill Bill, but I thought there was a fair amount of gore in the remade TCM. Like I said I haven't seen a lot of horror movies other than mainstream Screams, The Ring, Thriteen Ghosts and such, and when compared to those I've seen I thought the gore factor was up there. But it could pale to other cult horror flicks.
Old 05-08-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally rented this. I hadn't read any reviews on it and did not see it in the theatre, gladly I had a rent one get one free coupon at BBV...I was sorely disappointed.

Extremely bad. Too many open ended questions in the end (and I ain't talkin' about the sequel kind). The baby subplot with the trailer park house was not needed at all (if they had did the gas station scene (which was a spin off of the gas station scene in the original). If the hitchhiker girl had been someone that the family picked up on the road without a family it would have made more sense to me. The two officers being killed in the end was also not needed.

The ending was so anti-climatic. If this had been an exact remake of the original I think it might have been a little better. We don't even get any "good" shots of Leatherface chasing Jessica Biel (nothing can compare to the nighttime chase in the original.)

The actors did not help this movie, the screenplay did not help this movie, the direction was non-existent.

And to top it all off --- Leatherface was not put to good use!!!! We even get an awful "family" moment that does not compare to the original family dinner!

The only redeeming qualities were the cinematography (the orignial photographer did this film), and the hook hanging of one of the guys. Loved the salt (lyme?) on the nub of the guys leg. R. Lee Eremy was also doing a hammed down version of his Full Metal Jacket role.

Would not recommend this film to anyone.

Last edited by conscience; 05-08-04 at 03:54 PM.