Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movie Quote?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movie Quote?

OK, this has been bugging me for some reason. There is a commercial running quite frequently on TV lately for some Nissan Truck...They show the truck driving around, and play various quotes in the background.

There are a lot of R. Lee Ermey quotes from Full Metal Jacket, Sam Kennison, etc...There is one quote that sounds real familiar, but I just can't place where it's from - or even whose voice it is.

I believe it's the last quote in the commercial - "Just one more thing. Don't ever make me mad."

Anybody seen this commercial? Can anybody help me out with this quote? It really drives me nuts every time I see it.
Old 09-29-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like George Kennedy as Dragline in Cool Hand Luke.

And I got a theory about that commercial. I believe the R. Lee Ermey sound bites don't actually come from Full Metal Jacket. They sound re-recorded, like an older Ermey. They're just weaker, less shouted, and the cadence is slower than anything in the movie. I bet it's because of rights issues.
Old 09-29-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahh, I think you might have it! Definitely does sound like George Kennedy.
Old 09-30-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by sundog
And I got a theory about that commercial. I believe the R. Lee Ermey sound bites don't actually come from Full Metal Jacket. They sound re-recorded, like an older Ermey. They're just weaker, less shouted, and the cadence is slower than anything in the movie. I bet it's because of rights issues.
That's exactly what I thought. Also, lots less profanity.
Old 09-30-03, 05:12 PM
Rest in Peace

"Just don't make him mad"conducter on train~The Swarm (killer bees)
I liked Ermey in "On Deadly Ground" with Master Steven Seagal and the throat singers with naked people dancing in the background.