DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Official "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/317080-official-once-upon-time-mexico-discussion-thread.html)

Kicker_of_Elves 07-18-03 08:22 AM

"Once Upon A Time In Mexico" Trailer!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/o...ico/index.html

Enjoy!

Looks like its gonna be a good one...

:)

mdc3000 07-18-03 09:31 AM

saw this attached to Bad Boys 2 and was really really excited...this movie looks SWEET!

MATT

fumanstan 07-18-03 10:50 AM

Awesome... big fan of Desperado and Johnny Depp.... not only that, was that ENRIQUE!?! :)

Geofferson 07-18-03 11:09 AM

Very nice - this looks fantastic!

Kicker_of_Elves 07-18-03 11:42 AM

Yup! That was Enrique! with a guitar suitcase too ;)

Stoolie 07-18-03 11:43 AM

That was Enrique.

This movie looks to be at least as good as Desperado. Adding Johnny Depp is a great idea, though I read he steals the show for the most part.

Groucho 07-18-03 12:01 PM

With the success of Pirates of the Carribean, Depp might add some box office draw to this one.

Cornelius1047 07-18-03 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Stoolie
Adding Johnny Depp is a great idea, though I read he steals the show for the most part.
Yeah, but really, what show doesn't he? :D

K

Dr. DVD 07-18-03 12:42 PM

Is Salma Hayek back?

I thought the first one was good, but I really loved gawking at her for the most part. :drool:

Sessa17 07-18-03 12:43 PM

Damn, I couldn't get the trailer to work. There aren't many movies that I'm looking forward to over the next 2 years more than this one. I loved the first movie, & Depp is my favorite actor. Plus Salma, that is a perfect movie IMO.

devilshalo 07-18-03 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Is Salma Hayek back?

I thought the first one was good, but I really loved gawking at her for the most part. :drool:

First one? I don't remember Salma in the first movie? :confused:

Oh.. you meant Desperado. Great naked Salma moments.. :hump:

Alien Redrum 07-18-03 04:29 PM

Damn that looks good. :D

reubs82 07-18-03 04:30 PM

I just watched this trailer. Is is supposed to be a sequel or something? (I've never seen Desperado or any of Rodriguez's other films, so I'm clueless about all this.)

But, BTW, this movie does look pretty sweet.

theneobez 07-18-03 04:44 PM

It looks alright. We'll see.

RocShemp 07-18-03 04:45 PM

Yes, Salma is back but she's apparently not getting naked in this one. So those hoping for more naked Salma better rent Desperado or Frida.

To answer you question, reubs82, Once Upon A Time In Mexico is a sequel to Desperado (starring Antonio Banderas and featuring a cameo by Carlos Gallardo) which in turn was a sequel to El Mariachi (starring Carlos Gallardo). All three films tell the tale of a young guitarrista who had the woman he loved killed (and his hand shot) by a drug lord named Mauricio (known as Moco - jeje). El Mariachi (who's name is Manito BTW - though that may be Cesar just saying "hermanito" and I missheard) swears vengeance on the druglords Moco worked for and finds more than he expected along the way. The third film apparently picks up exactly where the second left off and finds El Mariachi caught in the middle of a drug war when he reaches the next town. The first two have been great shoot-em-ups.

TeeSeeJay 07-18-03 04:51 PM

Originally posted by reubs82
I just watched this trailer. Is is supposed to be a sequel or something? (I've never seen Desperado or any of Rodriguez's other films, so I'm clueless about all this.)

But, BTW, this movie does look pretty sweet.

yes, it's the sequel to Desperado, which was the sequel to El Mariachi. This should end his Mariachi trilogy. And his Spy Kids trilogy is done, the from dusk till dawn trilogy is done.

This can mean but one of two things:

Two sequels to the Faculty
or
Two sequels to Roadracers

:rolleyes:

cultshock 07-18-03 06:36 PM

Originally posted by TeeSeeJay
yes, it's the sequel to Desperado, which was the sequel to El Mariachi. This should end his Mariachi trilogy. And his Spy Kids trilogy is done, the from dusk till dawn trilogy is done.

or

Or two more Four Rooms segments. :D (yeah right!)

Jackskeleton 07-18-03 06:46 PM

Looks nice. One film I've been looking forward to. :)

B.A. 07-18-03 06:52 PM

Damn, that did look pretty sweet. I love who fills out the cast besides Antonio and Salma - and I guess I will even be able to deal w/ Enrique "The Mole Man" Iglesias.

Can't wait for September 12.

Cornelius1047 07-18-03 08:59 PM

Originally posted by TeeSeeJay

or

I like The Faculty :(

K

Rogue588 07-19-03 01:28 AM

this trailer took me totally by surprise when I went to see Bad Boys II.

needless to say, this [very quickly] has surpassed gigli as the movie I MUST SEE the most.

eva mendes and salma hayek in the same flick.. :drool::drool::drool:

RocShemp 07-19-03 02:39 AM

I couldn't give a rat's ass about Eva Mendes. I just wanna see more Salma! :drool:
Spoiler:
But people at imdb who claimed to have seen a test screening of the film say Salma gets killed off early in the film. :(
I hope that's not true.

jdslater 07-19-03 03:49 AM

looks cool!depp looks good in this, have you seen him with the shades and the eye make-up. I've been waiting for this for ages. Also has anyone seen the poster it's pretty sweet.

Trigger 07-19-03 06:27 AM

Can't wait - glad to see Rodriguez working on films for my age group again rather than those kids movies he's been doing.

Corvin 07-19-03 08:42 AM

Looks like it will be a fun time. Count me in.