Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Seven-Ups: Car Chase

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got to watch a VHS copy of the Seven-Ups with Roy Scheider. I seriously doubt this will ever show up on dvd.

But man, that car chase was incredible!!! It's just amazing how mesmering that scene was considering it was made back in 1973 with no form of optical effects whatsoever. Unfortunately, the rest of the film sucked.
Old 09-09-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never heard of it. But I sure do love a good car chase.
Old 09-10-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Seven-Ups: Car Chase

Originally posted by Cardiac161
Just got to watch a VHS copy of the Seven-Ups with Roy Scheider. I seriously doubt this will ever show up on dvd.

But man, that car chase was incredible!!! It's just amazing how mesmering that scene was considering it was made back in 1973 with no form of optical effects whatsoever. Unfortunately, the rest of the film sucked.
I haven't seen that since it was at the theater, so I forgot the sucked part -- I remembered the car chase though. I suspect it will show up on DVD eventually (due to that car chase).
Old 09-10-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember this movie fondly, including the car chase! I hope it shows up one day on DVD!
Old 09-10-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Suddenly I'm reminded of this thread about actors playing the same character in different movies:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=315697

In both Seven-Ups and The French Connection, Roy Scheider played a cop with the first name of Buddy. The French Connection is pretty well remembered for its car chase as well. I always thought the movies were related, but I just checked IMDB and it states that Scheider's character in Seven-Ups had a different last name.
Old 09-10-03, 02:15 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Great car chase indeed. If you look closely, you can see additional cameras lined up along the road to catch the oncoming cars as they pass by.
Old 09-10-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts
Bill Hickman the actor/stuntman who did the driving stunt also was involved in the other famous car chase scene in Bullitt. He also doubling for Gene Hackman in the car chase in The French Connection.
Old 09-10-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good movie.