Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: How did you like Kill Bill vol 2?
* terrible!
3.31%
** average
8.26%
*** good
25.62%
**** awesome!
59.50%
undecided
3.31%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Kill Bill Volume 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-03, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LivingINClip
Personally, I rather have them release each volume seperate on DVD and I expect them to.
If Miramax decides to release Kill Bill in 2 separate dvd releases then count me out. I won't see them nor buy them. I'm tired of being ripped off like this. First they want me to spend $20 total for both movies in theatres then they want me to spend $40 total for the dvd's? Absolutely not. **** Miramax and **** Harvey Weinstein--I'm tired of this ********. If we as consumers say that this kind of marketing is alright then studios will continue to **** us over like this. Warner Bros almost did the same thing with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but they thankfully decided not to release the film in 2 parts. Studios apparently are unwilling to incorporate an intermission into a film to accomodate for the long running times of a movie, which is what I believe should have been done with Kill Bill. I know I'm in the minority here, but I as a consumer refuse to be ripped off like this. How would you feel if you went to a restaurant and ordered a plate of food, and only got half of what you ordered? And how would you feel if the waitress then told you that the chef couldn't fit all of the food on the plate, but that if you want the rest of the food you'll have to pay for another plate? I'd be furious and would probably refuse to eat there again.
Old 09-04-03, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Right. See, I would rather have them seperate that way maybe we can get double-disc editions of them both? Commentary? Or not to mention the fact, the way Tarintino talks, each volume can stand on it's own. Perosnally, I like the idea of not having to sit through three hours...-shrugs-

I love the idea of two parts. It gives me two things to look forward to and Idon't have to sit through some long movie.
Old 09-04-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The movie I can deal with being in two parts, but they really shouldn't expect people to buy two DVDs (one for part I, another for part II).

I think a release like this would work:

Barebones Volume I released shortly after theatrical run
Barebones Volume II released shortly after theatrical run
Volume I and II special edition released in conjunction with barebones Volume II

Make the barebone editions price significantly lower than normal, and I don't think the idea is so oppressive. Price the SE normally.
Old 11-22-03, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 190 Posts
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 Music Composer...

Robert Rodriguez Composing Kill Bill: Vol. 2

Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez ("Spy Kids" series, Once Upon a Time in Mexico) will compose music for pal Quentin Tarantino's sequel Kill Bill: Vol. 2.

The Texas-based filmmaker - who not only writes and directs his movies but also edits, shoots, creates visual effects and composes them - made the announcement Wednesday during the first day of the second annual Hollywood Reporter/Billboard Film and TV Music Conference at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel.

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 is set for a February 20 release via Miramax Films.

Meanwhile, Maxim at the Movies magazine has up a new article on the sequel with some cool pictures of Uma Thurman as The Bride.

from [COMINGSOON.net]
Old 11-22-03, 01:56 AM

The entire soundtrack/score? Or just some bits of it? I do hope Quentin stays with the themes he established in Vol. 1. I've been playing that disc every day!
Old 11-22-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know, Rza did part one's music, but I think most people can agree it was the various sampled themes that stood out and helped the film the best. What will Bobby bring to the plate?
Old 11-22-03, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not surprised. QT and Robert have been good friends. QT pushed once upon a time in mexico to be made and Robert scored it, which was why it was a long time in the making. I enjoyed the score very much. I look forward to Vol 2 Even more now.
Old 11-22-03, 11:41 AM
Banned

The music he did for Once Upon A Time in Mexico was AWFULL!!! Just the worst. The awsome Los Lobos tunes from Desperado kicked ass, I don't know why he scored it himself because his music sucked.
Old 11-22-03, 11:47 AM

i thought it was going to be the rza and lars ulrich!?! or is this old news that never happened? I liked the rza's music on vol.1.
Old 11-23-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,550 Posts
QT has always (so far) mostly used source music for his films. His reasoning is that he would rather use existing music or songs that he already knew and liked rather than going to the trouble of hiring a composer to score his film and take the chance of maybe not liking what the composer came up with. The RZA's actual musical contribution to Vol 1 seemed to be minimal at best, and hopefully Rodriguez's contribution to Vol 2 will amount to the same. Tarantino has a great ability to choose just the right piece of existing music or song and put it in just the right place of the film, so I can't see him deviating from this habit at this point.
Old 11-23-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally posted by cultshock
The RZA's actual musical contribution to Vol 1 seemed to be minimal at best, and hopefully Rodriguez's contribution to Vol 2 will amount to the same.
Agree.
Crane was the only original piece of music that RZA did for Vol 1 and I hope that Rod gets limited to one musical addition as well.

There's some scenes that take place in Mexico in Vol 2 so I'd be willing to bet that Rod will provide some guitar work for those sequences. But the rest of the sndtrk better have a wide variety of Tarantino tunes!
Old 11-23-03, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully it's not more than like 15 seconds worth of RR music. His music for Mexico was among the worst music I've ever heard in a non-B Movie.
Old 11-23-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not being able to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 right now kills me inside.

ARGH.

February can't come soon enough.
Old 11-23-03, 11:34 PM

I kind of wonder why RZA got a main credit on V.1. I mean, he only did "Crane", "Yakuza O-Ren", and "Banister Fight", and those combined are about 2 minutes of music.

Anyway, I hope Taratino sticks to using old movie music for the majority of the film.
Old 11-24-03, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, after the crap that was Once Upon a Time in Mexico I dont want to see Rodriguez's name near anything I want to see.
Old 12-28-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kill Bill Volume 2 International Teaser

Searched and didn't find anything but you can see it via macromedia flash (ala spiderman 2 trailer) here

http://www.killbill.jp/killbill_vol2/main.html

It's kind of a pointless teaser but kinda funny
Old 12-28-03, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
TANKS!
Old 12-28-03, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Whoa that lousy. What the hell do they mean by "Kill is Love".
Old 12-28-03, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

engrish?
Old 12-28-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 12-28-03, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Whoa that lousy. What the hell do they mean by "Kill is Love".
To kill Bill is to love Bill, maybe?
Old 12-28-03, 11:39 AM
MrN

To kill Bill is never having to say you're sorry.
Old 12-30-03, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kill Bill Vol. 2 pictures

From Empire Movies

Enjoy.

I think it'd be interesting to see
Spoiler:
Uma in training

There may be some spoilers after the David Carradine solo pic. Click no more after that if you don't want to be spoiled I guess.
Old 12-30-03, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

tanks!
Old 12-30-03, 05:10 PM

Received 111 Likes on 90 Posts
schweeet!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.