Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Traveling Birds Review

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Traveling Birds Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-03, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Traveling Birds Review

I caught a screening of feature length, National Geographic movie Traveling Birds at the local film festival last night and thought I'd write a quick review. For the trailer and synopsis, check out:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0301727

PROS: What sets this movie apart from other Nature Docs in the incredible flying camera work. I love Nature Docs and I've seen a lot of them and I've never seen a closer, smoother camera shot next to flying birds. It sounds corny but you do actually feel as if you're one of the birds in the flock. Also, the sheer number of locations captured from these aerial shots is impressive. Whether it's Africa, North America or Antartica you're treated to some amazing landscapes.

CONS: Where the film is long on visuals it lacks in narration. The total amount of words spoken throughout the film could hardly produce a paragraph. Yes, this does help focus your attention on what is being seen but yes, I would have liked to have HEARD more about the different birds too.

OVERALL: Traveling Birds is a visually fantastic and visually unique Nature Documentary. If it ends up playing at your local film festival, IMAX or Arthouse Theater, it's worth a look.