Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

X3 Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 Info

Not sure the reliability in this but I read this today:
X-MEN 3 NEWS The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) story and Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation, while Storm (Halle Berry) may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

Actors already signed on for a sequel include: Jackman (Wolverine), Janssen (Jean Grey), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Aaron Standford (Pyro), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), James Marsden (Cyclops), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Daniel Cudmore (Collossus) and Kelly Hu, whose character Lady Deathstrike appeared to have died in the last film.

Not signed on yet: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, who will both likely wait for a completed script before signing on. (source: Zap2It.com)
Old 07-22-03, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gambit?
Old 07-22-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Lady Deathstrike (Kelly Hu)??? wtf? This should be interesting...
Old 07-22-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Gambit?
Only if Harry Connick, Jr. gets to play the Cajun mutant.

Honestly - I hope we never see him in any of the flicks.
Old 07-22-03, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, his character is so... redundant.

More of Colossus and Nightcrawler, please.

I wonder who the bad guy will be. Hopefully they get some good henchmen types to accompany whoever it is because Lady Deathstrike and some army dudes weren't too formidable.

Sentinels would be fun.
Old 07-22-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Long as Nightcrawler's there, I'm there.
Old 07-22-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation...
Obviously, into Phoenix, it gonna be good one.
Old 07-22-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Gambits somewhat needed if it's a story dealing with morlocks.. then again.. storm would be needed for that and Halle sucks
Old 07-22-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
damn - spoiler warning would've been nice... afaik - Jean Gray was dead. :/
Old 07-22-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
damn - spoiler warning would've been nice... afaik - Jean Gray was dead. :/
What do you mean? It has been in comic book over 10 years ago... wait you didn't read it - oops. Sorry!
Old 07-22-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

now don't get me wrong, kelly hu is hot and all, but to me she didn't serve any purpose other than to have someone for wolverine to fight. if she is gonna come back, give her character something more to do. as for halle berry, good to see her go. they haven't done anything with her character in either of the two movies. they could probably do a pretty good movie with the already signed cast, plus patrick stewart.
Old 07-22-03, 06:21 PM
Banned

We need the Sentinels. (chant with me and lift your signs up and down outside the studio every weekend.) Oh yeah! Weapon Alpha, too.

My main concern is: Will Singer want to direct another one. (Just three. Please? Then you can quit.)

My other main concern, now, is: If they’re going to have to change the players for Magneto and The Prof. They might as well not have them in the movie.
Old 07-22-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If X3 is done right, it will be much better movie than the 1st two (and I really loved the 1st two movies).
Old 07-22-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Bring on the Sentinels.

And keep Gambit out of it.
Old 07-22-03, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Whats with all the gambit hatin'?

the ol' cajun is not just another wolvie clone. the whole theif guild or the morlocks Marauders issue could come up. there is plenty that he could provide.. hell, was their much Crawler provided in X2 that was really worth wild? seemed they threw him in there for looks and just to throw someone new into the team. still was very cool, but why not ad more comic characters?
Old 07-22-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

wasnt Wolverine the centered story of X2?
Old 07-22-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

pretty much. his weapon X past really was fleshed out more in it.
Old 07-22-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by NiCK Crush
wasnt Wolverine the centered story of X2?
And he was also the focus of X1 along with Rogue. So, really, no surprise there. It would be suicide to give their most popular character a back seat.
Old 07-22-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
plus with jean they really
Spoiler:
hinted the phoenix thing at the end of X2. there was the whole outline of the phoenix fire in the water
Old 07-22-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jarofclay73
And he was also the focus of X1 along with Rogue. So, really, no surprise there. It would be suicide to give their most popular character a back seat.
on the contrary, i think it would be a sign of creative inertia to make Wolverine (one of ) the front and center characters again.
as far as i'm concerned, X2 pretty much resolved his character arc.

I thought the filmmakers utilized his haracter very well in the first film by using him (and Rouge) as the audience surrogate to get over the hump of exposition for so many outlandish characters and situations.
imo, it was a masterstroke in adapting the material.
and the first film left just enough of that characters background mysterious and cloudy to make him interesting and worth front and center attention in the follow up.

with all the business with Stryker though, and the further elaborations of his past, and the choice he makes at the end of the movie...i feel that character is now the most fully 'fleshed out' of the group.
there is just no need to devote more screen time to him. he can happily exist off to the side who makes contributions but does not need to be a focal point of the plot.

sorry to hear Singer wants to write storm out of the next one ( shades of " Hi Clark, I'm off to Bermuda...have fun in Smallville").
i wish they would just bite the bullet and re-cast the part.
the character of Storm-the uber earth mother, would fulfill the capacity of mother/nurturer that the school needs...especially in light of the (temporary) loss of Jean.
i think you also need a strong gender-similar character to the lead focus (Jean) to better deliniate her by contrast.
what other strong , adult, female charaters are there at the school...Rogue?

i don't blame them for wanting to avoid working with someone who seems more proud of her work as a cliched character in whats become a bland, generic, irrelevant franchise, than she is of her involvement in a franchise that is a quite a bit better produced, concieved, and thematically richer.

i think Days Of Future Past could be retro fitted to work with the Phoenix storyline-
but if they seem intent on doing the full Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline in one film...i think it will suffer.
the slow, gradual, month to month evolution of Jean ( or would it be de-evolution) was part of what made that arc in the comics so special.
to introduce it and wrap it up all in the same 2 hours would be a mistake.

jmo's of course
Old 07-22-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Oooo, a "Days of Future Past" film would be great. That was always one of my favourite X-men stories. Not sure how it would work as a film though, but it would be worth a try.

And I agree, speeding up the transformation of Jean in the course of just one film wouldn't be as good (but I'm sure thats what they will do).
Old 07-22-03, 10:04 PM
Suspended

It's all about Phoenix... I notice some people never read X-Men comic... sad, really.

Weapon Alpha... don't you think that's too far into the future?

Last edited by FuzzyBallz; 07-22-03 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-22-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it'd be cool if they did Sentinels in X3, and save the Pheonix plot for X4... give 'em time to flesh out evelopment.

Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
It's all about Phoenix... I notice some people never read X-Men comic... sad, really.
Why?
Old 07-22-03, 10:56 PM

I think Gambit, hopefully played by James Marsters of Buffy fame, should be in the third one. Start him out as a bad guy though. I know that continuing with the Phoenix story is most likely what will happen in X3 but I would like to see another storyline develop as well. I am in agreement that Days of Future Past would make an execellent movie.

As for new characters I would like to see added:

Gambit
Cable
Deadpool
Banshee
Beast
Angel
Psylocke
Bishop
Forge
Jubilee
Emma Frost
Hellfire Club
The Sentinels
Onslaught
Apocalypse
Sinister

Obviously, not all of them but a good mix from within that pool would make me happy. Honestly, I wouldn't mind is Storm was written out of the 3rd movie. I have never been a big storm fan, comics or movie, and I think any one of those characters above could do a better job, and fit in better in the movie, with the limited amount of time they would get on screen. I would like to see Cyclops recast as James Marsden just doesn't seem right for the part. Here is my character list for the 3rd film:

Returning:
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Phoenix
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Iceman
Shadowcat
Xavier
Magneto
Mystique
Pyro
Lady Deathstrike
Sabertooth(returning)

New:
Gambit
Emma Frost
Deadpool
Hellfire Club
Sentinels

I think you could do some really good stuff with that group. Sorry, I got a bit carried away I'm just a huge X-Men fan and would love to see all my favorites appear eventually.
Old 07-22-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
I thought it'd be cool if they did Sentinels in X3, and save the Pheonix plot for X4... give 'em time to flesh out evelopment.
As for Sentinels, I would rather wait till X4 or X5. Because the Sentinels story are mostly in the future. So, I think Phoenix in X3 made sense.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.