Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Just saw Ebert and Doper's review of Charlie's Angels...LMFAO!!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Just saw Ebert and Doper's review of Charlie's Angels...LMFAO!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jarofclay73
I'm Asian and I thought it was funny (even though it's a direct rip from Son of the Beach). It's like Gedde Watanabe in UHF saying "Robster Craws."
"SUPPLIES!!!"
Old 06-30-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by chrisfarrar
oh drew barrymore is fat?
check the maxim issue, its horribibly airbrushed to take away the fat (according to howard stern at least.)
Old 06-30-03, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody that believes Drew Barrymore is fat needs to take a trip down to the mall on the weekend and watch some of the real behemoths stomping around.
Old 07-01-03, 02:12 AM

Yeah, I definately don't see her as being fat, but to each his own I suppose.
Old 07-01-03, 03:18 AM
Banned

What happened to Lui's freckles?

Now she's just....bleh.
Old 07-01-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Supreme Sean
Anybody that believes Drew Barrymore is fat needs to take a trip down to the mall on the weekend and watch some of the real behemoths stomping around.
If Drew Barrymore is fat then I'm signing up for gastric bypass tomorrow. She's not super skinny like Cameron, just more soft and rounded.
Old 07-01-03, 06:06 PM

Agreed. How people can find malnourished, featureless women attractive I'll never understand. I prefer my women to look like women and not 12 year old girls. They're supposed to have curves!!! I don't find ribs and protruding hip bones particularly attractive.

Next time you're at a magazine stand take a look at all the cover girls, NONE of them will be standing straight, all of them will have their hips cocked to the side or they'll be turned away slightly so that the curve of their back will blend in with their hips. They do this to create the illusion of curves. If they were standing up straight they wouldn't look half as good. (Yes, I spend way too much time gawking at women in magazines! )

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Cameron and Demi are hot but they are not ideal. (My ideal anyway, to each his/her own.)
Old 07-01-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by brizz
ebert said in his review that he was giving it 2.5 stars to make up for the .5 he gave the first one...kind an atonement - but said it isn't any better than the first at all....
Can Rog's integrity drop any lower? I know reviews are subjective opinions but if he wants to start playing make-up (or studio ass-kissing IMO) I've got a list of movies that I feel he's been unreasonably harsh toward over the past 3-4 years.
Old 07-01-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
check the maxim issue, its horribibly airbrushed to take away the fat (according to howard stern at least.)
Howard can say what he wants. I don't agree with him on it though..nor on many of the things he says about certain women. Doesn't mean I like him any less. I liked his show for the past 15 years....

I think Drew is very cute....

..and to be honest... I think she is better looking than Howard's chick.

Again..to each their own.
Old 07-01-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He was really on Carrie Willson and that she was still really fat.
Old 07-01-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm asian and didn't find it offensive. (I took it as a Scooby Doo type saying.) Why did you find it offensive.
I dunno... I guess cuz he was indicating that he didn't like Lucy Liu and then went ahead and called her Roocy Roo or whatever... I mean - it wasn't really done in jest I didn't think. Kinda like how the N word can be a friendly thing or a hate thing. I dunno - it just kinda struck me as uncalled for.
Old 07-02-03, 05:00 AM

I saw an old movie called City of Industry and Lucy has a nude scene in that.
Old 07-02-03, 06:07 AM

Drew isnt all that fat, she is just FRICKIN UGLY!

She looks like she suffered from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome when she was developing in the womb.

Besides, you couldnt pay me to see this piece of crap, I knew it was bad the first time I saw the trailer.
Old 07-02-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Khan
I saw an old movie called City of Industry and Lucy has a nude scene in that.
Hmm... I might have to go rent that movie this weekend ...
Old 07-06-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Search: Rental Bins.

Oooh yeah. Hope it ain't short and fake like Sandra Bullock's in Fire Down Below. (Good VD flick) Damn areola band-aids.

Lucy rocks. The other two suck...I've named turds Drew and Cameron is as attractive as 2x4 lovin'.
Old 07-07-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm asian and didn't find it offensive. (I took it as a Scooby Doo type saying.) Why did you find it offensive.
Uh yeah, because Scooby Doo type talk is so relevant to this topic.. I mean, she's Chinese and it's a common racist insult to change the L's to R's, but nah, he must have been referencing Scooby Doo, right?
Old 07-07-03, 09:49 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

When does it become racist to make fun of how someone talks? Maybe its just 'mean' but 'racist'?

Is making fun of how hicks talk racist?
Old 07-07-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Save Ferris
When does it become racist to make fun of how someone talks? Maybe its just 'mean' but 'racist'?

Is making fun of how hicks talk racist?
Well, correct me if I am wrong, but Lucy Lui is capable of pronuncing Ls as "el" and not "ra". To pronounce the Ls as Rs in a actress who is a second or third generation Asian American is not fun ribbing for acceptable. There is no excuse, it is racism.

Also, making fun of "hicks" is not racist. This is because HICKS ARE NOT A RACE. People need to understand that certain predjuices can only be racism when race is involved. Furthermore, to define a "hick" or "hillbilly" is to define them based upon deviant behavior that is not accepted in society as a whole.

To put it in analogous terms, is making fun of the way a pedophile talks predjuice? What about a bankrobber? Pathological liar?

The difference here is that you are not making an attack on her based upon Lucy's own merits. You are criticizing her based on stereotypes of her ancestors.
Old 07-07-03, 10:32 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Or perhaps he heard someone say LITERALLY "Ruicy Roo"

Making fun of how someone talks is mean, yes but not by definition racist.

I have been in countries where they make fun of how i talk. But i dont care I dont call it racism againts me because im white and i talk that way.

If i went to China they can and probabally would laugh at how i talk, or the accent at which i speak Chinese I dont care, its not as evil as how REAL racism can be.
Old 07-07-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Or perhaps he heard someone say LITERALLY "Ruicy Roo"

Making fun of how someone talks is mean, yes but not by definition racist.

I have been in countries where they make fun of how i talk. But i dont care I dont call it racism againts me because im white and i talk that way.

If i went to China they can and probabally would laugh at how i talk, or the accent at which i speak Chinese I dont care, its not as evil as how REAL racism can be.
They are not making fun of how she talks. They are using stereotypes to make fun of her.
Old 07-07-03, 10:39 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Well im glad you can tell that from him saying 'Ruicy Roo'
Old 07-07-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well what other purpose is there?
Old 07-07-03, 10:50 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

I guess my point is making fun of how ANYONE talks isnt by definition racism. Its something that anyone can change anyway.

Maybe the guy who works at blockbuster has an accent that says 'ruicy roo' and hes making fun of HIM
Old 07-07-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess my point is making fun of how ANYONE talks isnt by definition racism. Its something that anyone can change anyway.

Maybe the guy who works at blockbuster has an accent that says 'ruicy roo' and hes making fun of HIM
I guess that could be true, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense does it? Stop trying to rationalize the behavior and look at it from an Akham's Razor approach: the simplest answer is usually the most correct.
Old 07-07-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yee haw!! We're taking this thread to Cuba, baby! It's been hijacked!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.