Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The I have seen Matrix Reloaded a second time thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Just saw it a second time this afternoon and thought it improved a great deal. This time I payed attention to the dialogue and it gave me a great deal to think about and theorize.

What I believe...(NOT OFFICIAL SPOILERS)

-The Merovignian was the first "one". Peresephone made a comment to Neo that he was once like him.

-The Oracle is trying to maintain the status quo in The Matrix as well, she's in it for herself like other rogue programs.

-Neo is going to turn into a program like the Meroviginian, thus the powers he has received.
Old 05-22-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just twice?

1.) The Merovignian seems like he might be a "one" but he also mentions that he has outlasted neo's predacestors (sp) and that he will outlast neo. Interesting yes. I like how he is able to write up code like nothing. he was able to create the cake like nothing.

2.) The Oracle seems to be going two ways. Just like the key maker, she is doing the job she is programed to do. that is to get the one to the source. She isn't sure what will happen besides the fact that the war would be over. He did go to the source and what was suppose to happen was that he was ment to pick door #1 like the past "ones" did (that is why the matrix is still around and zion is still around) and continue the weeding out of the excess amount of people in zion to slowly charge that back up power source again.

3.) Who knows what exactly happens to the "one" after they picked door #1. I assume they show the new folks of zion (picked from the matrix after the source code is dropped there) how to survive and then who knows what happens to him.
Old 05-22-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice to see you here Jack

Like you, I don't really buy into the whole Matrix within a Matrix theories. If the Wachowskis want to leave some ambiguity in the third one about there being one but never truly answer it, then I could accept that as ongoing speculation makes for sci-fi classics!

I could approve of a Zion celebration that gradually gave way to a pod with Morpheus still in a sleep state if it were meant as the end of the story, but that wouldn't happen. Instead people would get ticked and the studio would not see it as an end but more of a "We get to make more Matrix movies! Yay us!" The movies would most likely be done w/o the Wachowskis and suck royal arse.
Old 05-23-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Nice to see you here Jack

Like you, I don't really buy into the whole Matrix within a Matrix theories. If the Wachowskis want to leave some ambiguity in the third one about there being one but never truly answer it, then I could accept that as ongoing speculation makes for sci-fi classics!

I could approve of a Zion celebration that gradually gave way to a pod with Morpheus still in a sleep state if it were meant as the end of the story, but that wouldn't happen. Instead people would get ticked and the studio would not see it as an end but more of a "We get to make more Matrix movies! Yay us!" The movies would most likely be done w/o the Wachowskis and suck royal arse.
Oh come on half way thru Revolutions they pan up to Morpheus telling a stunned Neo "Welcome to the Real real world."

I still think the Matrix within a Matrix idea can be done right. It also could be handled badly.

I have only seen it twice although I expect to see it again this next week.

I think The Merovignian is the first One.
Old 05-23-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
After watching a second time I noticed a couple of things as well. The bond between Neo & Smith DEFINITELY happened at the end of the first movie. Why? Because Smith mentioned their bond BEFORE he put his hand into Neo trying to copy himself. Their whole conversation will be very important once you see Revolutions.

Agreed Merovengian is the first 'One.' Another sign that points to this is him keeping around the goons from the first incarnation of the Matrix. The ones Persephone takes out with a silver bullet, and lets the other one run.

Noticed the people in the chairs, interfacing with the Neb, before they showed the white controllers room. Is the controller, while the people are in the matrix leading the Neb in, controlling the entry port, or are the people in the Matrix doing it? If it is the people in the Matrix, that means that they are controlling something in the real world from the matrix. Bizarre. I think this is a clue, b/c they only show them in the chairs for a brief second.
Old 05-23-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i believe the white control room is a self-contained matrix/program, like neo's fight with morpheus in the first movie.