Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about how Agents take people over.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agents take over another peoples bodies in the Matrix, but what happens to these people when the Agents leave their bodies...if they aren't dead that is? Do they die? Do they just wake up with no knowledge of what just happened? I know there is no certain answer but what do you think?
Old 05-22-03, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm assuming they die, the body cannot live without the mind. which is one reason that Agent Smith is such a threat if left unchecked
Old 05-22-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daytrip
i'm assuming they die, the body cannot live without the mind. which is one reason that Agent Smith is such a threat if left unchecked
Then I guess there are a lot of unexplained deaths in the matrix!
Old 05-22-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i assumed they go back to normal, with no recollection of what happened...

however, if an agent is killed while taking over someone's body, that person dies (a la trinity and the "dodge this" bullet to the head)
Old 05-22-03, 10:41 AM

i'd think they would die no matter what unless the agents go throught the trouble to re-route their brain back to their body. think of it like bane, do you think bane will go back to normal after agent smith leaves him, same thing.
Old 05-22-03, 10:44 AM

In the game Enter the Matrix there is a cutscene where an agent leaves a body - then the person shakes his head as if he had no idea how he got there....
Old 05-22-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Crack 6K
In the game Enter the Matrix there is a cutscene where an agent leaves a body - then the person shakes his head as if he had no idea how he got there....
That's probably how they explain amnesia.
Old 05-22-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i'd think they would die no matter what unless the agents go throught the trouble to re-route their brain back to their body. think of it like bane, do you think bane will go back to normal after agent smith leaves him, same thing.
But Bane is in the real world or what we think now is the real world. Smith is part human part machine since the end of M1 IMO, the same as Neo IMO. I think Bane would die because it is his actual body that is taken over not his computer generated Matrix version.
Old 05-22-03, 11:59 AM

his body is taken over simply because agent smith downloaded himself into bane's mind, how is that different that what the agents do in the matrix.................after all inside the matrix the only thing that is real is your mind

the agents would have to replace themself with the mind of the previous person after they left otherwise the body would be left without a mind and thus die. i don't see the agents taking the time especially if they dispise humans
Old 05-22-03, 12:04 PM

well, what smith does seems to be different from what the agents do.

he's copying himself into someone else, while the other agents are hopping from body to body, so maybe there's a difference in how the hosts would react.

we have yet to see a replicated agent smith die, as well, so we don't know what happens then, either.
Old 05-22-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

his body is taken over simply because agent smith downloaded himself into bane's mind, how is that different that what the agents do in the matrix.................after all inside the matrix the only thing that is real is your mind

the agents would have to replace themself with the mind of the previous person after they left otherwise the body would be left without a mind and thus die. i don't see the agents taking the time especially if they dispise humans
Because Smith downloaded himself into the actual mind of Bane. In the Matrix the Agents download themselves into the computer generated bodies of people and change their apperance. They don't take over the mind of the people in the pods back in real life. If they did that they would look like a normal person like Bane does, not an Agent. They also would not have the powers the Agents have they would be a normal human and easier to kill.
Old 05-22-03, 12:37 PM

in the matrix body and mind are one and the same, your "body" in the matrix is just a digital projection of yourself, for the agents to take over a body in the matrix, they would have to effect the human brain outside the matrix in order to change that self image.

maybe it doesn't kill them, but in a computer network, if you try to open a file someone else already has open it will only give you read acdess not full read/write/modify access so all you are able to do is look at the file. should be similar in a computer defined matrix. the agents would have to take over the rights, then give them back once they left why would they take the time? espcially if they are in hot persuit...............agin maybe i'm wrong but that's the way i see it and the impression i got from the movie
Old 05-22-03, 02:49 PM

Not necessarily so daytrip...

in a Unix environment (any 'Nix variant) you can have multiple users access a file and write the file at the same time. The final version is determined by who closed the file last.

BUT once a person goes back to his self after an agent leaves their body( assuming they were't gunned down) they prolly arte all confused and go to see the doctor the doctor prescribes them some sleep medication, they go home, they sleep it never happens again so they figured they just had some lack of sleep disorders.

I've seen that on our (Real) world many times where doctors assume the simplest answer is the correct one.

If they only knew the truth...
Old 05-22-03, 03:31 PM

Hmmm... i just realized... perhaps Smith's copying powers are a sort of evolved version of the agent's hopping bodies thingy... cool!
Old 05-22-03, 03:36 PM

i think the only reason smith is more powerful is because before he didn't have a choice, choice is the only thing smith got from neo. the rest of the power he already had he just needed to be free of system control to do it. he was free of control because he decided not to be deleted, a power neo gave him
Old 05-22-03, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETM an agent takes over a body and then leaves. the person had no memory of it. I assume that the person's self image was changed. Remember the matrixs look of yourself depends on how you want to look. So those who are stuck in the matrix will have that self image I assume put on hold. when they wake up after the agent leaves they just go back to normal. As if they don't remember anything. simple as that.

Smith can't just jump into random folks bodies now that he is out of the system as an agent but his copying methods have improved.
Old 05-22-03, 04:33 PM

that brings up a question, how does a person that has never seen themselves or anyone else for that matter know what they want to look like?
Old 05-23-03, 01:44 PM

a little more clarification on this can be found in the keron/mckeever comic on the whatisthematrix.com website (in the series 2 comics).

an agent leaves a body, they turn back to normal, and have no idea what just happened.