Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why do groups have such a problem with Disney specificly?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Why do groups have such a problem with Disney specificly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-03, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indiana Jones Adventure - only single thing that they've done good
Fantasmic - not an attraction (but what about Light Magic that ruled )
Splash Mountain - nothing special

And then there's Toon Town (total crap), new tommorrow land (total crap), Rocket Rods (what Rocket Rods?), they got rid of The Skyway, the Submarines, Mission to Mars, Circle Vision, and the People Mover and replaced them with NOTHING!!!!

I have to go to the park with blinders on, like a psychic filter. In order to have fun I have to ignore so many little things: the loss of so many great attractions, the additions of cheap new attractions that won't and don't stand the test of time, the proliferation of soviegner stands that fill up the gaps where rides used to be, and that no longer sell unique items (just the same stuff in every store)

As you can see it's a pet peve of mine
Old 05-16-03, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll

If you really think about it, Disney really doesn't have many family friendly movies anymore. Just look at Lilo & Stitch. I really didn't like it because the humor seem to be kind of rough and crass, and totally not appropriate for lets say a 7 year old kid. Lilo is this whiney girl, who talks back to her sister all the time. A kid sees this and gets the idea that something like that is okay and does it with their parents.
What do you mean? All the main characters in a kid's flick should have a perfectly nice attitude? What do you make out of characters like Pinnochio then? or Mowgly?

God forbids my son should ever see Donald's nephews. I mean, they could totally wreck his life and turn him into a hoodlum.

Face it people, Disney movies don't raise kids. That's their parent's job. If you don't want your kids badly influenced, you should never let them get near a tv set or even get out of the house. But then again, you'd probably have to live like a mormon just to make sure.

And to answer the thread starter, I think the origin of the problem is Walt Disney himself. He wanted to create a sanitized world with his theme parks. He probably understood that if his name became a seal of qiuality for familly entertainment, the parents would throw their tykes in movie houses and theme parks without asking questions.

But like someone else said it earlier, the days of Uncle Walt ended and now, the corporation is still sucking from mom's purse and daddie's wallet.

By the way, in my humble opinion, the gay politics at Disney are an example to be followed all over the world.

Now if there are no more right-wing-rednecks at Disneyworld, doesn't that means that the waiting lines will be shorter? Great!