Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

the kiss

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the kiss

anyone else get the feeling that monica's character was the trinity of the last matrix created by the architect while the french speaking dude was a "one"? the whole kiss scene made me think this.
Old 05-15-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Interesting thought. However,
Spoiler:
I think Neo has always been the One. When he is in the room with the Architect, the monitors showed what I took to be the previous "Ones" ... and all were obviously Neo.
Old 05-15-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with both of you.

=)

I think it would have been much more interesting if he was a previous 'One' gone bad, but I think within the story he is not.
Old 05-15-03, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Morf
Interesting thought. However,
Spoiler:
I think Neo has always been the One. When he is in the room with the Architect, the monitors showed what I took to be the previous "Ones" ... and all were obviously Neo.
Spoiler:
I have seen where a few different people believe that the screens behind Neo shows the previous 5 "The Ones". I don't believe that is what it was showing at all...I think the screens were showing all the different "Choices" that could be made when answering each question...For one thing, the screens showed something like a hundred or more responses at the same time...and by your theory and others, there should only be 5 previous responses....
Old 05-15-03, 02:53 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVD007
Spoiler:
I have seen where a few different people believe that the screens behind Neo shows the previous 5 "The Ones". I don't believe that is what it was showing at all...I think the screens were showing all the different "Choices" that could be made when answering each question...For one thing, the screens showed something like a hundred or more responses at the same time...and by your theory and others, there should only be 5 previous responses....
Good point.

And my gf pointed this out. The Merovingian's wife says that her husband used to be like Neo.
Old 05-15-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
I agree with this interpretation. I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Originally posted by TCG
The Merovingian's wife says that her husband used to be like Neo.
But the Merovingian also said that he would deal with Neo as he had with all of Neo's "predecessors", meaning he has encountered the previous five, rather than being one of them.
Old 05-15-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a related topic... could Monica Belucci have been any hotter in Reloaded? I swear her breasts could have been used as a personal flotation device...
Old 05-15-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

was there code written into her lipstick that she was applying, to serve some purpose, the way that code was written into that piece of cake?
Old 05-15-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ckolchak
was there code written into her lipstick that she was applying, to serve some purpose, the way that code was written into that piece of cake?
That's the first thing I thought too... that scene seems too awkwardly placed within the film to not have greater meaning in the next film....

...don't get me wrong, I'm all for any excuse to give Monica Bellucci more screen time... I just feel that there's more to that kiss than we know right now.
Old 05-15-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmmmm....i coulda swore that Merovingian was a programmer...just like neo was in the first matrix.

his wife said she hadnt felt that kind of love for a long time (that was the reasoning for the kiss, right?)...the love she was talking about was the love between neo and trin...she said they had that same love before.

also interesting point brought up about the possibility of the lipstick she was wearing having some meaning.

interesting scene...can't wait to see what comes of this issue?
Old 05-15-03, 04:45 PM
Suspended

I also thought that the monitors were displaying an infinite numbers of choices, each of which could lead to another infinite number of responses (as each monitor also contained a wall of monitors).

That, or it was meant to look really cool.

Also, I can't remember for sure, but didn't the camera zoom into one of the monitors during the conversation at least once?

Last edited by trigun; 05-15-03 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-15-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by trigun
I also thought that the monitors were displaying an infinite numbers of choices, each of which could lead to another infinite number of responses (as each monitor also contained a wall of monitors).

That, or it was meant to look really cool.
I agree... those screens were without a doubt NOT showing the previous ONES... what would make people think they would all look just like NEO?? I'm really surprised so many people thought these were the past "ones"... no one I knew thought this at all...I don't think so... and wouldn't that make it really easy to find "the one"...just find the guy who looks like Keanu...

Speaking of Monica Bellucci...maybe her name should be Monica BUSH-lucci... you can see her bush through her dress... ie. she's not wearing any panties and you can see a nice black rectangle of bush.... maybe I'm just a complete perv, but on my second screening of the movie, I couldnt' take my eyes off her crotch!

MATT
Old 05-15-03, 06:54 PM

Re: the kiss

Originally posted by Caliking
anyone else get the feeling that monica's character was the trinity of the last matrix created by the architect while the french speaking dude was a "one"? the whole kiss scene made me think this.
That is exactly what I think. Watch the scene again with this in mind and it is quite obvious.

As for the screens in the background, I don't see how anyone could mistake them as the previos "ones" , makes no sense at all.
Old 05-15-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I wondered if there was a point to the lipstick, too.

That's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. I was too busy wondering where the rest of the scene was where she makes Trinity kiss her as she would kiss Neo. Will this be a deleted scene on the DVD?
Old 05-15-03, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ncmojo
On a related topic... could Monica Belucci have been any hotter in Reloaded? I swear her breasts could have been used as a personal flotation device...
True, but I thought her arms looked fatter than in the posters. I could see ripples near her biceps. She looked hotter in Tears of the Sun, here, she looked as if she was too big for that dress.
Old 05-16-03, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: the kiss

Originally posted by Lokimok
Yeah, I wondered if there was a point to the lipstick, too.

That's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. I was too busy wondering where the rest of the scene was where she makes Trinity kiss her as she would kiss Neo. Will this be a deleted scene on the DVD?
That scene is in the game "Enter the Matrix." I think.
Old 05-16-03, 09:13 AM

My friends and I discussed how the Merovingian may possibly be a previous "one". However, upon seeing it the next day I counted that theory out.

One, when the Oracle was discussion the Merovingian to Neo she specifically stated that he was a program.

Two, (point already made) when the Merovingian's final scene with Neo he mentioned how the other "ones" had more respect.
Old 05-16-03, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Re: Re: Re: the kiss

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
That scene is in the game "Enter the Matrix." I think.
I read that there's a scene with Niobe and Persophone kissing the game. Don't ask me how they worked that in.
Old 05-16-03, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by iggystar
My friends and I discussed how the Merovingian may possibly be a previous "one". However, upon seeing it the next day I counted that theory out.

One, when the Oracle was discussion the Merovingian to Neo she specifically stated that he was a program.

Two, (point already made) when the Merovingian's final scene with Neo he mentioned how the other "ones" had more respect.
See, I think you were right the first time for several reason's.

One, it's obivously implied. For instance, in the dining room he tells the trio "I used to be like you", but when he says it he's looking at Neo off camera I think, hard to tell. Then later Persephone says something similar.

Now the Oracle called him a program, but what does that mean to her? Technically everything is a program within the Matrix, herself included. That is why the agents can "jump" into people like that. In fact, I think that may be the purpose of The One. The One is "assimilated" into the Source, absorbing his emotions and humanity, then a new and better Matrix is, well, reloaded, cutting the >1% who don't except the Matrix down with every "revision". Then the process of finding the next anomaly(and creating the next revision) begins again.

So in my view of it, The One is really just another program himself. The Merovingian never says how many of the others he's seen, and at the time we have no idea that there's been five versions.

Obviously they survive the Source, because they go to live in Zion and pass down the Prophecy. Lets say one of them decides he doesn't want to live in Zion. Do think it might be beyond Neo's ability to upload himself completely into the Matrix? I don't.

Or lets say the Matrix doesn't want him to leave, and sucks him in instead. Then it gives him the job of watching over the various Keymasters through the years, in exchange for letting him do what he wants beyond fullfilling that duty. This would explain his contact with the other Ones, and the fact that the Matrix seems to tolerate his existance.
Old 05-16-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by thephantom
So in my view of it, The One is really just another program himself. The Merovingian never says how many of the others he's seen, and at the time we have no idea that there's been five versions.
This is a good point... I was ruling it out because "if he's the one, why would he mention the predecessors, he wouldn't have seen them" but... he could have been THE FIRST one, which is why he mentions it...he has seen five other ones etc... so this could be... and that would make more sense about why Persephone is so interested in kissing Neo...

MATT

lots to think about in this ****ing movie
Old 05-17-03, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by jonpeters
True, but I thought her arms looked fatter than in the posters. I could see ripples near her biceps. She looked hotter in Tears of the Sun, here, she looked as if she was too big for that dress.
Damn, some people are just so picky. She didn't look "fatter" to me at all. Just hot.
Old 05-17-03, 05:02 AM

no... remember "the french speaking dude" said " i have survived the others and i will survive you" we didnt know what that meant at the time..

and all the neo's on the screens where choices/reactions.. you can tell.. it would switch to a screen when he made a chocie.

also there were so many if it was just other "ones" wouldnt there be only 6?
Old 05-18-03, 12:08 AM

Spoiler:
I agree, it is highly doubtful the screen showed previous One's. The screen showed way more than 5 responses. Furthermore, the One that woke up Morpheus did not look like Neo. However, that would also imply that there have been more than 5 One's, and that Neo is just one of the kinds of Ones. So I think both theories can't be completely correct.
Old 05-18-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The real question is, how do I make cheesecake that will give women orgasms?

Old 05-18-03, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and why did she kill only one of those bodyguards, and let the other go tell the french guy what they are doing? why didnt she kill them both?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.