Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Really Looking Forward to X2

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta say, I am really looking forward to this Friday for X2. I loved the first one, thought it was a smart, deliberate action film, something you don't get very often nowadays. Anywho, I have been reading the advance reviews and X2 sounds pretty good

(Note: I am not a shill, just pretty excited about the film).

Reasons I liked X-Men:

1.) Understandable Villians - Magneto has always been an interesting character and the movie kept this going. The interaction betweeen Xavier and Magneto was awesome, especially the final scene

2.) Rogue - Loved Anna Paquin in the movie. She took an action role and really did a good job with it. For reverse, look at her twin Natalie Portman, who I thought has done a horrible job with Padme (SW). (Although Paquin probably had better source material) I am kinda disappointed to hear that Rogue has a smaller role, but oh well.

3.) Wolverine - Hugh Jackman was awesome. The interesting hints of a romance between Rogue and Wolverine were interesting, and the love triangle with Jean Grey was also well done.

Things that Weren't So Good:

1.) Toad and Sabretooth - Pretty boring.

2.) Effects - Some effects weren't that hot.

Anyway, just thought I would post my opinions.
Old 04-30-03, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romance? Maybe If Wolverine was R. Kelly! I see it more of a father-daughter type bond. In the comics they had a good rapport between them. They kicked ass as partners and teammates and had a completely platonic relationship. Their sarcastic and aggressive personalities paired up like two peas in a pod.

I too cannot bear the hours between now and whenever I manage to get seats this weekend for X2. Watching Hugh Jackman and Kelly Hu on Leno and Kilborn (respectively) along with the teaser clips during the interviews look HOT! Not to mention the TV spot that I've only seen once. The challenging special effects done for Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler were done perfectly it would make Stan Lee and Jack Kirby piss in their pants. edit: as did I.

I patiently skipped the initial X-Men dvd release and was glad to pick up 1.5 at a good price. It's an awesome dvd and upon a second and third viewing, I liked the movie so much more than my first theatrical impression. As a long-time Uncanny X-Men comic fan and collector, I was very critical when I first saw it. Now I love it for what it is - An adaptation of the comic. The DTS track didn't hurt either. Nor did the TWO X2 vouchers in my 1.5 dvd. I absolutely cannot wait for the X2 dvd. It can't get here soon enough.

Last edited by CuriousGeorge; 04-30-03 at 10:42 AM.