Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

When Did Sly Stallone's Career "Jump The Shark"?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: When did Sly Stallone's Career "Jump The Shark"?
Rhinestone
4.12%
Over The Top
9.28%
Tango & Cash
1.03%
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
29.90%
Demolition Man
1.03%
Judge Dredd
18.56%
Driven
4.12%
What career?
27.84%
Never jumped
4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

When Did Sly Stallone's Career "Jump The Shark"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ncmojo, you had me at paramecium. Great post, but somehow I don't think the rose-tinted glasses will ever come off Rocky_Stallone's eyes in regards to Stallone.
Old 05-05-03, 11:54 PM
Banned

ncmojo, you give me something to look forward to. That is, Rocky_Stallone's reply.
Old 05-06-03, 03:34 AM

I have to give Sly Stallone credit he tries really hard when it comes to drama I really enjoyed Nighthawks with Ruger Hauer and Billy Dee Wiliams as well as Rocky and Cop Land but when it comes to Comedy he is like a fish out of water for example Rhinestone was awful and Stop or my mom will shootcomes in at a close second. Hopefully his roles improve with time but I doubt it unfortunately it seems his career is fading my two cents.
Old 05-06-03, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJ_Spyder
I have to give Sly Stallone credit he tries really hard when it comes to drama I really enjoyed Nighthawks with Ruger Hauer and Billy Dee Wiliams as well as Rocky and Cop Land but when it comes to Comedy he is like a fish out of water for example Rhinestone was awful and Stop or my mom will shootcomes in at a close second. Hopefully his roles improve with time but I doubt it unfortunately it seems his career is fading my two cents.
At least someone in this thread is more mature and respects other people's opinions, thanks.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions when you say he chooses bad roles. Sly fans would have to disagree with that.

Yet, the idiocy and the childish mentality from the Stallone bashers continue in this thread like little children. I could care less what people say about him, talk trash about Sly all you want. Everything you guys are saying about him is entitled to your own opinions, sometimes I expect more from people when they bash at other people's tastes in things. People ar e a bunch of damn hypocrites when it comes to Stallone bashing. It's really sad that when a user wants to talk about a certain favorite actors of theirs and people just want to bash them just for the hell of it. This is just a damn discussion board, sheeshh....

Now can a mod close this damn thread already? I just reported this thread by clicking the "Report Thread" button.

Last edited by Rocky_Stallone; 05-06-03 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Rocky_Stallone --

On the subject of hypocrisy:

1) Don't say "I could care less what people say about him, trash talk about Sly all you want" when you have spent a good deal of energy defending the man. You obviously do care, and being a fan means caring what people say, and vehemently jumping to your star's defense. I would have zero respect for you if you did not take the time to defend Stallone's name.

2) If you go into a post called "Legalize Pot", don't be outraged if people post comments about legalizing pot. If you go into a thread that is clearly critical of Sylvester Stallone... well, some folks are apt to be somewhat negative.

3) If we choose to bash Stallone, that's OK because he is a public figure. No one is impugning his character, just his perfomance in the films he has chosen to perform in, and in which he made millions of dollars. If you choose to call us "idiots" and attack our "childish mentality", that's your prerogative, but it really just shows more about your demeanor than ours.

4) One last thought... it is also totally illegimate to reply to a post that you like, attack everyone else who disagrees with you, and then click "Report Thread" and ask for the thread to be closed. This is akin to "packing up the ball and going home", except, sir, that it is not your ball. If you make a public posting, then people should have the right to respond to your posting, and unless someone begins attacking you personally -- which I hope that I have not done -- I do not believe that the moderator should humor your whims.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 05-06-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You forgot:

5) Declaring that you are "done with this thread", then coming back to try to shut everyone up.
Old 05-06-03, 04:23 PM
Banned

I realize that, people can have the freedom to bash Sly all they want as I said, as people are always welcome to discuss their opinions on the man. That's what message boards are for to discuss their dislikes and favorite things. All I'm saying is that people should respect others tastes in things whether it's something you don't like or not. You don't make fun of people's opinions, that is wrong.

I don't mean to try to defend him, but I'm just joining discussions and expressing my opinions of my favorite actor.
Old 05-06-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 173 Likes on 123 Posts
Damn, I thought Stallone was done with this thread already. Stop the madness!
Old 05-06-03, 04:33 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'm your worst nightmare.
Old 05-06-03, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Rocky_Stallone
Yeah, I'm your worst nightmare.

Only post that you made in the whole thread that makes sense.