Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you know anybody who has been in a movie?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Do you know anybody who has been in a movie?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I graduated from Univ. of Georgia, and some scenes from Road Trip were filmed there. I knew a few people who were extras, and I actually Tom Green and Seann William Scott (SWS is a really nice guy) while they were filming the scene before they head out on the "road trip".

I also have a buddy who played Nick Nolte's character as a child in the film Prince of Tides

I think that's it, though...
Old 09-09-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

my dad just shot a movie with a former student that should be making the festival rounds later on....can't remember the title but it's something about john denver (it always reminds me of being similar to being john malcovitch)

know a couple of people who were in the truman show, since it was filmed close to home...
Old 09-09-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
My cousin was in Exorcist III.
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1014368/

My aunt, his mom, was on America's Most Wanted [no, she wasn't wanted ; )] She played the widow of a murder victim.

And my other cousin, his sister, was in a bunch of South Carolina anti-drunk-driving PSA's. She played a cheerleader type; which is ironic, because she was as anti-cheerleader, alternative as you could get.

Acting and modeling definitely runs in their side of the family.

Reubs: What year did you graduate UGA?
Old 09-09-03, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0135183/

My father's cousin, but I have never met him
Old 09-09-03, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

a classmate of mine at psu was in The Hunted... hes a bike rider guy in the scene just before del toro goes out onto the bridge.

j
Old 09-09-03, 10:00 PM
Banned

an ex girlfriend of mine's cousin is tom sizemore.
Old 09-11-03, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went to high school with Thomas Guiry, who was in The Sandlot, Lassie, Ride With The Devil and U-571, among other stuff, I assume. He was in my spanish class and we were both in the school play junior year, though he obviously got a bigger part. If only he was more famous, I could sell his "autograph" in my yearbook for big bucks on eBay. I think he told me to call him so he could get me drunk. I don't even drink and I never did, which shows how much he knew me. He was a pretty funny guy, but I kinda lost what little respect I did have for him when I heard he beat up a friend of a friend for being gay or something. It's weird, the fact that he was in movies never really registered with me. It was just like a hobby. Him being in movies was no more interesting to me than me being in a band was to him.

I actually just saw him recently shopping at Best Buy. I guess those parts haven't been getting offered to him as frequently nowadays. I didn't say hi or anything, since I'm sure he wouldn't have a clue who the hell I am. I did, however, want to approach him and ask him, in front of his bud, if "it worked out with John or not, or did you guys decide to just be friends?" I'm all talk though.

K
Old 09-11-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been in many a short, but nothing mainstream.

Soon!
Old 09-11-03, 09:16 AM
Banned

a friend of mine played chuck in "amazing grace & chuck", and another friend of mine was a lead in "ten benny" (co-starring with adrian brody).

i have had many many lead parts in vivid video productions!
Old 09-16-03, 10:00 AM

Heavyweights

A friend of mine was in Heavyweights. He's in the beginning talking to one of the fat kids.
Old 09-16-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ilan Mitchell-Smith (Wyatt from Wierd Science) was a professor of mine at Texas A&M.
Old 09-16-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
My mother in law went to high school with Robert Hays [she knew him as Bobby]...in Turkey, nonetheless. They were both military brats.
Old 09-17-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My cousin is Lillian Adams.

One of my father's (a HS teacher) students was Franklyn Seales. He was in the Onion Field and co starred on the TV shows Silver Spoons and Amen.
Old 09-17-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally posted by Spooky
You would have thought that in that hour, you'd have learned his name is Nick Meyer, not "Meyers".

Actually, I just called him sir. I was just a glorified extra, you know.
Old 09-17-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts
My dad is in Assassins (just an extra during the celebration scene but he does appear prominently on screen since he was in the same shot as Julianne Moore). He met the cast (with the exception of Stallone who apparently didn't really socialize) and told me that Antonio Banderas was a very nice down-to-earth guy.
Old 09-17-03, 01:37 PM

One of my friend's had a car (57 Chevy) used prominantly in The Indian Runner with Dennis Hopper.

My wife's uncle played a doctor on General Hospital for 8 or 9 years and has had some small parts in numerous movies.

I know a bunch of people in all of Alexander Payne's movies: About Schmidt, Election and Citizen Ruth (all filmed in Omaha, where I'm originally from).

The local drunkard (think Barney) at my dad's bar was in Citizen Ruth. It opens with him having sex with Laura Dern and then he kicks her out of the apartment. He was picked for the role because he looks so nasty naturally. Laura Dern insisted that she be wrapped in plastic wrap for the sex scene with him on top of her

My cousin works for Paramount studios (some assistant) and I have seen his name in the credits of numerous movies.
Old 09-17-03, 02:03 PM
Cool New Member

I have been in numerous productions.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0102991/
actually, its just someone who shares my name.

My friend Favian played a kid getting picked on in Sid and Nancy, when they are walking through a open yard and all these kids are picking on him.

Also, Goldie Hawn is my second cousin. So Kate Hudson is my third cousin.

Last edited by andybrew; 09-17-03 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 03:31 PM

A guy from my highschool was one of the extras in the background of the court scene in Scent of a Woman...I saw his face and though "naaah...that can't be him"...then I found out it was.

Then there's a guy I work with who had a tiny part in a movie...his name is actually on imdb.com...he was in 1996's "The Grave"
Old 09-17-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know someone who could have been an extra in The Road To Perdition. :-/
Old 10-03-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm in the "Thank Yous" to a movie that is finished production but will probably never be released.

I have karaoked with Bill Shatner's personal assistant.

My good friend's brother owns an animation studio in NYC and has done work for MTV.

My friend used to be neighbors with the guy Black Hawk Down was based on.

And I met a guy that works on the SNL skit "TV Funhouse".