Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

John Q (couldn't overlook all the errors)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

John Q (couldn't overlook all the errors)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tanman
ahh....I thought anasthesia was a fellowship. You don't have to go through an internal medicine residency first?

Also can you explain why anesthesia nurses make such a high end, six figure salary.
Anesthesia is a four-year program (after 4 years med school) with the first year usually spent in internal medicine.

As for CRNA's making good money, depending where you are, they sit on their own cases and only have anesthesia staff supervising them for emergencies. Especially in smaller communities, there is no anesthesia supervision and they can bill on their own.
Old 04-26-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tarantino
Why did that fat kid from Boy Meets World get a job as hospital secutiry? He was obviously on track for greater things.

I watched this last night and I had kind of low expectations going in. I thought it was okay, mostly because Denzel, Duvall, and a few of the others gave good performances and kept it interesting in spite of the preaching and illogical stuff.

As a movie about a father and a son up against odds, I think it works okay. As a political message and as something that tries to make people think, well I have to laugh at that on premise alone, although I'm sure it could inspire that reaction in some.

As for the fat kid from Boy Meets World, he looks like he put on a LOT of weight, and obviously he wasn't Slim Pickens to begin with. He didn't look very healthy.

Oh, and the kid from Outside Providence was such a herb.
Old 10-09-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I searched for a thread on this movie to ask what was up with her, since I'm watching it for the first time now an TNT and since I haven't gotten to the part your post addresses I was thinking "WTF was up with that moron at the beginning? she gets hit and nothing is mentioned, what does she have to do with anything?"

Originally posted by MarcinL
one thing thats really weird, is when that woman dies in the beginning in the car accident (the one that ultimately gave heart to little boy) when they were cutting her up at the clinic to take her organs, the main guy there said, heart is okay, liver kidney and tissue okay, brain is okay, everything is fine, So my question is What the hell did she die from?????
Old 10-09-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Horrible movie, both cinematically and for the moronic political agenda. One of the worst movies of recent years.
Old 10-09-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While it's politics are the same as my own... this movie is still a horrible, very shitty movie.
Old 10-09-04, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
now that it's over I have another error
he jerked the gun down and then up with one hand and it sounded like the slide was being racked. that'd never happen on a beretta 92 or any other handgun unless the recoil spring was gone
then he shows the gun was empty, so even if it had racked the slide earlier it would have locked back due to th empty magazine

although later when he said the safety was on it actually was, it could be seen in the safe position on the slide, so I give them credit for that
although didn't it also click when he tried shooting and then said it was on safe? it wouldn't have clicked like that
Old 10-09-04, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally posted by Ketamine

According to the Fraser Institute's...
The right wing Fraser institute. An extremely biased and mostly unreliable source.