Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What is this movie I just saw on AMC?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was flipping through the stations just now and caught the tail end of an....interesting movie. It was one of those cheesy 1960s adventure fantasy movies. There were two people on a boat, a man and a woman, along with a dog and a chimpanzee. Anyway, the boat was being attacked by a giant claymation dragon (and it was some of the worst claymation I've ever seen). The guy was fighting the dragon with a sword, and somehow ended up on the dragons back as he flew off. Then the shots began cutting back and forth between a long shot of the flying beast with a clay version of the man (he looked like a GI Joe), to a close shot of the man in front of a blue screen stabbing the dragon's neck with his sword (although he didn't even come close to hitting anywhere near the dragon). He defeated the dragon and they both plunged into the ocean, and then all this green crap came out of the ocean and destroyed a nearby castle. Then it went back to the boat and showed the dog being surrounded by the green crap as he transformed into an old man, and the monkey turned into a little boy. Then they pulled the hero out of the water and started talking to a little leprechaun that they had in a bottle. The leprechaun kept making these awful rhymes about how he couldn't breathe and needed air. They smashed the glass and the leprechaun flew away into a rainbow. Then the old man (the one that used to be a dog) began laughing for no reason, and the boat sailed off towards the rainbow. That was the end.

Anyone know the name of this movie? I've gotta look it up on IMDB. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
Old 04-03-03, 12:09 PM

How about checking AMCTV?

It appears to be Jack the Giant Killer (1962). There are other older versions, but this one had a comment that mentioned stop-motion: "It's such a shame that the stop-motion here is so slap-dash because the film as a whole is splendidly imagined."

If not check the older versions of this movie or look at the TV schedule.
Old 04-03-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, check this link out.
Old 04-03-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

would also use www.tvguide.com - they can go back to the day prior i think.