Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I just watched Band of Brothers all at once.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-03, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had never seen any part of this series before this weekend. A couple friends and I got together and had a marathon viewing of the entire series from Friday night to Saturday morning. I can't see watching this series any other way. It never dragged and kept me wanting more with every disc that ended. I'm definitly buying this series for future viewings. I haven't seen any of supplemental stuff yet either. Now that is some film with worth while efforts. I can't even imagine how long it took to edit the entire thing. I am sooooo impressed with this, that I can't express it in words.
Old 03-10-03, 10:05 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Great way to spend 10 hours.
Old 03-10-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson

Great way to spend 10 hours.
I could definitely think of worse things, such as work.

When I got my set for Xmas, I think it took me three separate viewings to watch it because I was so busy running around - I think my max amount was the last five episodes during the third viewing.
Old 03-10-03, 10:42 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Took me around 5 days to finish the whole set back to back. This was a blind buy for me and have no regrets. Love the story and action. Was laughing in the beginning when I saw Ross from Friends playing the tough guy.
Old 03-10-03, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by Fok
Was laughing in the beginning when I saw Ross from Friends playing the tough guy.
That took me for a loop as well. I had a hard time taking him seriously, but I think he played the part well, it was just that we're so used to him in friends that we know him as Ross, instead of David Schwimmer (sp?).
Old 03-10-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts
"My monkee Marcel could run up Curahee faster than you maggots!!!"

I rented the first two episodes disk from a local rental place, watched them, and went out and bought the box set the very next day. I had had no idea just how good this series was before I watched it.
Old 03-10-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blind buy for me also. I had wanted to watch it on HBO but missed the first 2 episodes and wanted to see them all in a row so I'd been waiting for this on DVD for some time.

Wonderful series. Amazing actually.

Its really scary what our forefathers did for our country. Scary as in what a sense of respect that I have for them.

This series caught everything, fear, laughter, honor, respect and above all.....sacrifice.
Old 03-10-03, 02:12 PM

The commentaries by the actual men involved at the beginning of each episode was amazing. It's so obvious how it doesn't matter who you are, when someone like that speaks, it's just ultimate reverance towards them. The wisdom and knowledge that they have about life and friendships and hurt is overwhelming to me.

I have so much respect for an older person that's lived with their lives with the scenes dipicted in that movie burned forever in their memory of their actual life. For us it was a movie.... for them it was for real!
Old 03-10-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One of my favorites in my collection. I watched it one disc at a time, but admittedly, it was tough to follow with days in between viewings. Found the directory of soldiers a good resource.
Old 03-10-03, 06:54 PM

great spending of time. in fact do it again next week. this is the cornerstone of my collection. i love it.
Old 03-10-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great choice! I myself can never do that, since I'll lost my concentration after a couple of hours watching.
Old 03-11-03, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Loved it and echo the above. I have now watched it twice. The home movie shot by Nixon in the bonus feature is pretty cool.