Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I really want to download an LXG preview that's decent!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-26-03, 04:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In regards to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen:

I was fully stoked on the Kev O'Neil style art production for this flick! I want to see these scenes again.

I’m pleading at this point to see that preview again. Does anyone know of a decent download site?
Old 02-26-03, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Though, I must say that it looks like total crap..

Sub Machine guns... The batman music with the CAR driving full force.. Tom sawyer.....

But hey, one man's trash is another man's tressure..
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/lxg/

If you have quicktime pro you can save as.. other then that, You are free to enjoy it aslong as you have quicktime.
Old 05-06-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
New trailer in Quicktime is up...

Is it me or did I see the Blue Raja from Mystery Men in this group?
Old 05-06-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Having just re-read the graphic novel recently, I know there's no way in hell this movie will get close to it. I mean, freakin' TOM SAWYER? Sean "buff" Connery playing a character who's supposed to be a decrepit drug abuser? And the trailer I saw with X2 this weekend did not fill me with confidence. I hate to be one of those naysayers before a movie opens, but... Eughh.
Old 05-06-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You want to see a decent trailer for this? Kind of hard because in order for that to happen, the movie itself would have to be decent.. doesn't really look like it will be.
Old 05-06-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
You want to see a decent trailer for this? Kind of hard because in order for that to happen, the movie itself would have to be decent.. doesn't really look like it will be.
What he said. The minute I saw Mina Murray form from a mass of bats, I knew this movie had thrown what made the comic book special out the window. Hello Avengers 2!
Old 05-06-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll throw a bit of optimim into the discussion and say this movie doesn't look bad to me. Granted I don't expect to enjoy it as much as X-Men or The Matrix, but it at least looks interesting enough to see. Perhaps it's just the genre, but even though it might suck it has enough to get me in. Although I can't say the collection of characters is all that exciting.
Old 05-07-03, 12:16 AM
Banned

Well, I saw the trailer again tonight and was still pretty stoked. On one hand you have the (in this case amazing) comic book and, on the other, the potential impact that a live action adaptation can lend to it.
Yes, the CGI for the Nautilus and Hyde looked a little too cartoonish. Yes, They changed characters and existing character attributes. Yes, I’m still there, though!!!
Alan Moore's not just a very good writer, but (overshadowing his prose), he is a magnificent conceptualist.

To me, the idea of seeing a period piece mixed with pulp super hero is irresistible.

Avoid it at your own peril dear reader!

(or it might suck. I just don’t think so.)

Last edited by Kudama; 05-07-03 at 12:20 AM.