Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dragon Wars- Preview of an Upcoming Korean Dragon Movie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dragon Wars- Preview of an Upcoming Korean Dragon Movie

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 10:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Saw it yesterday and had a great time (I'm sure my giant monster movie bias had a lot to do with it). Not a great movie for sure, and there are plenty of moments that make this a potential midnight movie cult classic, but it is entertaining. Any kaiju fans on the fence about this movie should go ahead and check it out on the big screen.

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Yep! ..but that's Hollywood. They are probably relying on 30 year film data about a big green dinosaur that rises off the coast of Japan and expecting the popularity will spill over - plus or minus some slight advancements in CGI.
What does Hollywood have to do with this movie?
Old 09-17-07, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, man this movie was awful. It was actually kinda surreal to actually see a movie that bad in theaters, and not DTV or on the Sci-Fi Channel.

I liked how this giant fracking snake-thing is ripping the city a new butthole, but nobody seems to notice it. It just pops up, destroys a hospital, and then goes back into hiding (?!) then reappears the next day and destroys a entire residential street, and people are still just sitting around in cafes drinking coffee like nothing's going on. This thing is the size of a small office building, I think someone would notice it!!!
Old 09-17-07, 08:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I liked how this giant fracking snake-thing is ripping the city a new butthole, but nobody seems to notice it. It just pops up, destroys a hospital, and then goes back into hiding (?!) then reappears the next day and destroys a entire residential street, and people are still just sitting around in cafes drinking coffee like nothing's going on. This thing is the size of a small office building, I think someone would notice it!!!
Originally Posted by Me
there are plenty of moments that make this a potential midnight movie cult classic