Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

A"Scary" Two-Pic Pact for Charlie Sheen

Old 02-13-03, 10:19 AM
Banned

A"Scary" Two-Pic Pact for Charlie Sheen

By Justin Oppelaar

NEW YORK (Variety) - Charlie Sheen, no stranger to parody pictures, will star in the third installment of the "Scary Movie" franchise, which is set for a fourth-quarter release.

The gig is part of a two-picture deal with the movie's distributor, Dimension Films, and its Miramax parent.

"Scary Movie 3," to be helmed by David Zucker ("Airplane!," "Naked Gun"), will follow in the footsteps of its two predecessors in parodying horror pictures, recent blockbusters and pop culture as a whole.

"Charlie's an accomplished actor who will bring his comedic sensibility to this project," said Dimension co-chairman Bob Weinstein. "We're happy that we have a deal with him for both the Dimension and Miramax labels."

Sheen's next film under the pact will follow "Scary Movie 3," and is expected to be released under the Miramax banner.

Sheen played Lt. Topper Harley in the Jim Abrahams-directed lowbrow laffers "Hot Shots" and "Hot Shots: Part Deux," and also appeared in the 1993 parody "Loaded Weapon I."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../film_sheen_dc
Old 02-13-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmmm..not sure about this one. I loved both the Hot Shots movies, but I think maybe they should have gotten someone else