Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

James Cameron's next project?

Old 02-12-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

James Cameron's next project?

Has anyone heard if and when James Cameron will step behind the camera and actually direct a film? Since Titanic he's only produced major films. He hasn't put on the Director's hat in years. I'd like to see him direct again.
Old 02-12-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Supposedly he's prepping a sequel to what many consider his best film. Yes, you guessed it, Pirhana 3!!! All you die hard Pirhana fans can celebrate as this 3 hour masterpiece will have it all, flying pirhana, a metallic morphing fish, plus a giant fish that breaks in half and sinks. Oh, supposedly Arnold makes a cameo and sings a rap rendition of his dialogue from the original Terminator. You heard it here first. It's gonna be great.
Old 02-12-03, 11:28 PM
Banned by request

Last I heard, Cameron won't direct another film until he gets final cut. When he will get it is a matter of studio politics.
Old 02-13-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Suprmallet
Last I heard, Cameron won't direct another film until he gets final cut. When he will get it is a matter of studio politics.
I don't blame him. He deserves final cut. His director's cut releases have always been the superior versions IMO.
Old 02-13-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jaeufraser
Supposedly he's prepping a sequel to what many consider his best film. Yes, you guessed it, Pirhana 3!!! All you die hard Pirhana fans can celebrate as this 3 hour masterpiece will have it all, flying pirhana, a metallic morphing fish, plus a giant fish that breaks in half and sinks. Oh, supposedly Arnold makes a cameo and sings a rap rendition of his dialogue from the original Terminator. You heard it here first. It's gonna be great.

Release info???? Where is Lance Hendrickson & Bill Paxton?

Awww damn its a joke! Why'd you have to get my hopes up?

Old 02-13-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't he involved in Crusade, with Arnold starring. Not sure if JC is directing though.
Old 02-13-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by greatjedi
I don't blame him. He deserves final cut. His director's cut releases have always been the superior versions IMO.
Except for the director's cut of Titanic where the ship was saved at the last minute by these weird little underwater aliens.
Old 02-13-03, 11:22 AM

James Cameron will be doing today what he does every day...going to his big vault full of money, swimming around in it, and shouting "I'm king of the world!"
Old 02-13-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does he have a huge vault to store his money like Scrooge McDuck?
Old 02-13-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Isn't he directing True Lies 2?
Or is he just producing that?
Old 02-14-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think he dumped True Lies 2. Right now it seems like his project is that IMAX Titanic thing. Sooner or later he'll make a movie again I hope.
Old 02-14-03, 03:44 AM

Originally posted by jaeufraser
I think he dumped True Lies 2. Right now it seems like his project is that IMAX Titanic thing. Sooner or later he'll make a movie again I hope.
That's what I've heard, too. (He dumped TL 2 FOR Crusade)

He recently finished his Bismarck docomentation for Discovery Channel, and his "Ghosts Of The Abyss" IMAX feature should start sometime soon (or already has)

He also had plans for a documentation on the ISS, can't imagine that he'll do that any time soon due to the recent tragic events.
Old 02-14-03, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think JC is too scared to make another movie IMO. At least right now. I mean with the success of Titanic, he has a lot to live up to (and no I did not like Titanic). He just needs to get his stuff together and step behind the camera. Stop being scared James and hit us up with Alien 5... with NO BILL PAXTON in the picture please too.