Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies you liked till last 10 minutes

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movies you liked till last 10 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matrix.. what could've been a great movie had to be sullied by forced romance. "I know he's the one because I love him.." Lame!! I'm so sick of every action movie having to have some kind of romantic interest thrown in.
Old 02-02-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tscott
Obviously there was something to spoil, if people are getting upset from reading it. It's common courtesy to use spoiler tags when discussing the ending of a film on these forums no matter how bad you judge the movie to be. If you're not sure how to go back and edit your post, please read this thread.
My apologies.

Everyone may rest easy now. My post has been de-spoilerized.
Old 02-02-03, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has to be se7en. A lot of the films listed may have weak endings, but you still liked them for what they were. I thought Se7en's nonsensical ending ruined the whole film which I had been enjoying.
Old 02-02-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To me, Road to Perdition had to be one of the worst endings last year. Come on, Sam, give us some original stuff! That movie could have ended two or three times before
Spoiler:
Tom Hanks was shot.

But maybe it was just me...
Old 02-03-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Terminator 2

Ugh. The tin-man gets a heart. Cook a feast of relentless action, that's fine. But don't expect me to enjoy an ending less palatable than a rotten egg. It ruined the whole movie for me.
Old 02-03-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
The worst ending I ever experienced was The Game. It was moving along very nicely until the last 5 minutes.

That movie would probably be my favourite Fincher film if Michael Douglas had actually
Spoiler:
jumped off the roof and died
at the end, rather than the stupidity that they went with. Oh well.
That just what I was going to say. What really ruined it for me was
Spoiler:
that Douglas wasn't pissed as hell at his brother. I mean, if you'd been running for your life and honestly thought someone was out to get you to the point that you JUMPED OFF A BUILDING to get away from it all, wouldn't you want to throttle the person that pops out saying "Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your present!"
Old 02-03-03, 03:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Suspiria. I mean, the first ninety minutes were scarier, right?

I always liked that tagline.
Old 02-03-03, 03:15 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by reubs82
To me, Road to Perdition had to be one of the worst endings last year. Come on, Sam, give us some original stuff! That movie could have ended two or three times before
Spoiler:
Tom Hanks was shot.

Spoiler:
in the end, bad guys usually die - even though it could be argued that Hanks' character was not bad
Old 02-03-03, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't believe no one's mentioned the worst movie ever!

Citizen Kane...rosebud...WTF? A goddamn sled?

And what's up with the crappy ass ending in It's a Wonderful Life? "Every time a bell rings..."? How's about "Every time I see this movie, I vomit."

But if you ask me, that whole movie was pretty unbelievable. How can you jump off a bridge that high and not drown in the first place?
Old 02-03-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
The worst ending I ever experienced was The Game. It was moving along very nicely until the last 5 minutes.

That movie would probably be my favourite Fincher film if Michael Douglas had actually
Spoiler:
(text removed)
at the end, rather than the stupidity that they went with. Oh well.
i will also agree with this one. easily the most disappointing ending to a film that i've ever seen. particularly because everything leading up to it was so entertaining and well-done. i'm still extremely pissed at that ending. i wish they would release a different cut of the film on dvd with a much better ending.

also, i happen to love the ending of se7en. i don't think there's anything nonsensical about it.

i'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the talented mr. ripley. i personally love that film (including the ending), but i hear tons of complaints about how it ended from others.
Old 02-03-03, 06:49 PM

House on haunted hill (remake).
Wow, good one. Although it wasn't a "good" movie, it was entertaining. The ending was real crappy though.
Old 02-03-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm sorry I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if anyone said this, but Rat Race became a total heap of crap when Smash Mouth entered. A somewhat funny movie was competely ruined because of those bastards and that satanic song of theirs.
Old 02-03-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Magnolia
The Bourne Identity
Old 02-03-03, 09:37 PM

The real problem with The Game is that it didn't matter *which* ending they picked--the story had the bases covered either way. But since the bases were covered either way, the ending couldn't help but feel irrelevant. Kind of like Clue: The Movie, which had different endings at each screening.
Old 02-04-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll probably get flak for this, but I though the ending for "MP And The Holy Grail" was horrible. It just ruined the whole movie.

"Blazing Saddles" was the same, but it wasn't too bad. At least not enough to ruin the movie.
Old 02-04-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Anyone out there like me who was pretty much enjoying "Maverick" the whole way through - until, literally, the last 10 minutes? It just seemed like a tacked-on series of confusing twists and double-crosses in what I guess was a desperate attempt to create a thrilling ending.

Can someone help me understand why
Spoiler:
if Mel wins the money, he has to then stage a double cross with his father, who is pretending not to be his father and "steals" the money - only to have Mel later confront his father and pretend like he's "stealing" it BACK???

I have the opposite problem, however, with "Total Recall." That one had so many mind-screwing twists, that I was waiting for One Big Twist to End All Twists at the end - but never got it. I remember reading how
Spoiler:
one of the original drafts of the screenplay featured a revelation at the end that Arnold was created by the alien race - explaining why no one was able to kill him because he had super human skills, and also why his hand was able to activate the mechanism that provided air on Mars. If that's true, I'm not sure why that detail was omitted.
Old 02-04-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Goat3001
How about spoiler tags? Thanks for ruining the movie btw
He fixed it, but you need to add the spoiler tags to your quote now, since it's now (I think) the only place giving away the ending to Pay It Forward.

On the other hand, if it stops anyone from seeing this awful movie (merely mediocre until the end, where it veered off into terribleness).

The saddest part (for us) was that, when we saw a preview of that movie, people seemed to find that whole ending sequence really moving and touching and walked out talking Oscar.