Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

future sequels that will or won't work

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

future sequels that will or won't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: future sequels that will or won't work

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
i am more often than not adamantly against the release of sequels to movies that i think were well to begin with. i was curious about peoples' thoughts about some upcoming sequels as well. i listed some below, please post additions and i will edit this post to include them.

I've came to realize that you, as the thread starter, haven't shared your feelings and/or anticipation level about these upcoming flicks. What do YOU think?
Old 01-23-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I just want to say Superman 2 was as good or better than Superman 1. I am awaiting ROTK, the Matrix Sequels, Star Wars Episode 3, Meet the Fokkers, and X-2.
Old 01-23-03, 10:56 AM

OK LETS START WITH THESE

007 - halle berry's possible spin off - HELL NO WTF
bad boys 2 - LOOKS DECENT, MAYBE EVEN BETTER THAN FIRST COOL
barbershop 2 - I DONT CARE
bring it on again (direct to video) - PLEAZZZE!!!
charlie's angels: full throttle - LAME, TRUCK JUMPING OF THE BRIDGE WITH CHOPPER IN THE BACK WHILE FREE FLYING ANGELS MANAGE TO START THE CHOPPER AND GET AWAY IN TIME, MAN THAT BRIDGE MUST HAVE BEEN HIGH!!!!!!
dirty dancing 2 - LAME
dumb and dumberer - NO JIM CARREY -LAME
exorcist: the begining -DONT CARE
the fast and the furious 2 - FIRST ONE WAS LAME, NOW NO VIN DIESEL, IT WILL SUCK EVEN MORE
final destination 2 - LOOKS COOL
freddy vs. jason - NOPE
indiana jones 4 - WTF IS FORD GOING TO DO, CHASE HIS PROSTATE???? TOO LAME
jeepers creepers 2 - NO WAY!!!
lara croft: tomb raider - the cradle of life -DONT CARE
legally blonde 2: red white & blonde - SURE SHE IS A SWEETHEART
lotr:rotk - WHO CARES, IT WILL MAKE MONEY NO MATTER WHAT
matrix: revolutions and reloaded - BRING IT ON
meet the parents 2 (thanks siberianhusky) - COOL
ocean's 12 - FORGET ABOUT IT
pulp fiction 2 - NEVER HAPPEN
scary movie 3 - NO WAY
se7en 2 (eight?) - MAYBE
shanghai knights - FUNNY, IT COULD BE COOL
spy kids 3 - HELL NO
star wars: ep 3 - DONT CARE
terminator 3 - LOOKS FUBAR
the whole ten yards - LIKE IT, COULD BE FUN
x-men 2 - DONT CARE
xxx 2 - BRING IT ON, IT ROCKS

and dont forget these right here

AMERICAN PIE 3 (2003)
RUSH HOUR 3 (2004)
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 (2004)
DIE HARD 4 (2004)
TRUE LIES 2
JUMANJI 2 (2004)
KUNG POW 2 (2004)
SERIOUSLY DUDE WHERE IS MY CAR (2004)
UNDER SIEGE 3 (2004)
LETHAL WEAPON 5 (2005)
ROCKY 6 (200?)

Last edited by MarcinL; 01-23-03 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-23-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
What do you think about:

Blue Streak 2 - More BS <-- That's the given title, not my opinion
Old 01-23-03, 06:04 PM

edited op to add all the additional titles

Originally posted by kian69
I've came to realize that you, as the thread starter, haven't shared your feelings and/or anticipation level about these upcoming flicks. What do YOU think?
my picks:
007 - halle berry's possible spin off

american pie 3 decent teen series that can easily lend itself to sequels

bad boys 2 trailers give me a positive impression. the kkk scene is quite funny.

barbershop 2 don't know. haven't seen the first so i don't know if a sequel would logically follow. i have alos heard mixed reviews about the first, so i have no opinion now.

blue streak 2 not all movies justify/need sequels, especially when the originals fall flat.

bring it on again (direct to video) not sure. different cast and direct to video is often a bad sign.

charlie's angels: full throttle not sure. the girls are nice to look at but i am not a fan of bernie mack (ocean's 11 aside) and sequels

die hard 4 ruins my ultimate collection and the series as a whole wasn't all too great, either. (don't know why i bought it, it looks cool?)

dirty dancing 2 too old for a sequel, and the original doesn't need one either.

dumb and dumberer for now at least. the first was damn funny, but this looks like it is missing 2 actors and 2 directors.

exorcist: the begining see dirty dancing

the fast and the furious 2 maybe, but partially since i am into import car culture. but the pink car has to go.

final destination 2 original blew donkeys' testicles, and doesn't lend itself to a sequel. looks like the same thing with cruel intentions one and two.

freddy vs. jason only drawback is they took the actor playing jason out since englund was too short and he was more of a franchise actor. i hope jason wins.

indiana jones 4 down older movie, older ford. possibility of tarnishing the glory that is the first three.

jeepers creepers 2 down who the hell asked for this crap? good lord.

jumanji 2 down original was good but it doesn't need a sequel, but i imagine the effects in this will be awesome.

kung pow 2 -yack- read my comments in the kung pow thread.

lara croft: tomb raider - the cradle of life down original sucked, but it is angelina jolie maybe if she shows some goods this time.

legally blonde 2: red white & blonde down i enjoied the original, but think reese witherspoon is arrogant now. and i don't like the way she treated kevin smith. greasy reece.

lethal weapon 5 down actors are too old to do it correctly. they had to bring in a big cast to make 4 work, this looks like a bad one.

lotr:rotk i am all over this and the extended edition.

matrix: revolutions and reloaded pass (yeah, you read that right). i was in favor of a sequel for these up until the point where i heard they were making 2 at a time (a la lotr), releasing them almost back to back, and aaliyah died .

meet the parents 2 down original was funny but doesn't require a sequel.

mission impossible 3 down didn't like the first 2

ocean's 12 not sure. same cast and director but the script was intended for something else we'll have to wait and see. oh yeah brad

pulp fiction 2 down can't touch the original, don't bother trying

rocky 6 down too old. and the stories are too alike.

rush hour 3 i am a fan of jackie in american film. good duo, hopefully we get another hot chick. and chris tucker ain't bad looking either.

scary movie 3 not sure. spoofs are getting old.

se7en 2 (eight?) down no sequel necessary. no brad or gwenith (duh). freeman is becoming a loser in his recent movie choices.

seriously dude where's my car? not sure. the first was good for dumb laughs, maybe this one will be, too. but seriously the found it.

shanghai knights looks good from the trailers.

spy kids 3 down i hate kids in movies (with few exceptions)

star wars: ep 3 shaky, but i am praying this saves the series from the horror of 1, and the lacking 2.

terminator 3 not sure, but i like the girl terminator.

true lies 2 down first was bad, and as stated arnie is best as a robot.

under siege 3 down steven who? this guy is old and needs to be put in a home. maybe if they put dmx in this one.

the whole ten yards down funny original, not leading to sequel.

x-men 2 like what i have seen so far. nightcraler looks awesome.

xxx 2 down haven't seen the original, but would rather have kept it as one movie. i'd rather have vin acting than doing some action crap. vin in boiler room (movie and actor)

ps imagine all my "down" comments as a i was getting in trouble for too many images.