Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

extra sences in TTT trailer

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-15-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching the thr trailer for TTT on the movie chart show and there were two scenes which I don't recall in the movie. The first was Arwen running into a room saying, presumably to Elrond, you have the power of foresight tell me what happens (or something similar). The second was Erowyn running her hands across Aragorns face. I am mistaken?
Old 01-15-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think you're right about the arwen scene... i'm not sure about the other.

i did notice, however, that when the wargs attack the men on horses, it's a reverse angle of the trailer... i know that happens all the time, but for some reason, this really jumped out at me.

and the scene with aragorn opening up the double-doors is a lot more dramatic in the trailer than in the movie.
Old 01-15-03, 12:08 PM
Retired

This happens all the time. Scenes are put in the trailer, and then cut from the film.

They will likely be in the extended DVD version, rumored to be an hour longer than the theatrical cut this time.
Old 01-16-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy Crapola! an hour longer?

Old 01-16-03, 10:07 AM

Entertaiment Weekly awhile back noted that the rough cut of "Two Towers" was four hours in length.
Old 01-17-03, 12:01 AM

The rough cut of the film should not be used to analyze the theoretical length of the extended edition DVD. The rough cut of FotR was 4 hours 30 minutes and that one only got 1/2 hour longer in the extended edition.
Old 01-17-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The scene with Arwen and Elrond is definitely in the movie.
Spoiler:
It's what leads to the discussion of Aragorn and Arwen's fate (taken from the appendices of LOTR).
As for the other scene,
Spoiler:
it occurs after the battle of Helm's Deep.

Oh and there were some scenes in the four minute preview that never appeared in TTT. One was a speech by Saruman about Gandalf believing he has found the lost king of Gondor (Aragorn) and how it doesn't matter anyway and a conversation with Gandalf and Aragorn where Gandalf states that Sauron fears what Aragorn might become. Another scenes is one of Eowyn behind a pillar (or rock wall) in the caves beneath Helm's Deep preparing to strike a blow with a sword to an invading orc. I think there are othere scenes that were advertised but never featured in the film but I don't remember them at this time.
Old 01-20-03, 09:47 AM

i don't think the exact line "you have the power of foresight, tell me what you know" ended up being in the movie. I think that's what he specifically referring to.
Old 01-20-03, 04:27 PM

There was also a clip in the video game where Gandalf says something to the effect of "We must keep the eye of Sauron on us."
Old 01-21-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
i don't think the exact line "you have the power of foresight, tell me what you know" ended up being in the movie. I think that's what he specifically referring to.
I don't remember if the line appears exactly as quoted but I do remember Arwen stating that her father has the gift of foresight but I believe she followed it with "tell me what you see" rather than tell me what you know." Still, altering of movie dialogue in trailers is not unheard of. Or it may have been an alternate take.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-21-03 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-21-03, 04:15 PM
Retired

Actually it was Galadriel that said that.

She said that the ring bearer has realized that the quest will claim his life, and then says something like "You know this as well, you have foreseen it."
Old 01-21-03, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by RocShemp
I don't remember if the line appears exactly as quoted but I do remember Arwen stating that her father has the gift of foresight but I believe she followed it with "tell me what you see" rather than tell me what you know." Still, altering of movie dialogue in trailers is not unheard of. Or it may have been an alternate take.
i was paraphrasing. i still hold that that line (whether it's "know" or "see") is not in the movie. maybe i need to see it again.

but josh is right, galadriel does say that line.
Old 01-26-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Josh,

Yes, Galadriel does indeed say that but she says it after Elrond concludes his conversation with Arwen.

Big Boy Laroux,

I saw this film twice and in both viewings Arwen stated to her father that he had the gift of foresight asked him to tell her what he knows.

Anyone know how close to release was this film edited? I ask because maybe there are slightly different prints of the film in Puerto Rico (where I am and have seen this film). This wouldn't be the first time as here was shown the director's cut of Kate & Leopold (available on the DVD) rather than the version show in US theatres.