Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fallen Angels question... (possible spoilers if you haven't seen it)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, so i just finished Wong Kar Wai's "Fallen Angels," and there is a question that is bothering me.

When the main character agrees to his "one last job," he appears to be shot, and shot many times. The way the scene after this sequence is set up makes me think that the girl set up the job knowing full well that he would die. (read: she wanted him dead). When this scene came, I thought it was the end of the movie, but then it keeps going, and concludes with the wonderful ending that I love so much. The thing that bothers me is that the ending involves the main character giving his former partner a ride home on the motorcycle, the former partner that appeared to kill the man giving her a ride home. So what exactly happened here?

I enjoyed the movie, but that final shoot out scene confused me a bit. Any help on clearing this up would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-03, 03:21 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
The man that gave her the ride home on the motorcycle was the mute character - the one who broke into businesses at night and forced people to patronize them. The mute character was not the partner of the girl.

Basically, there isn't one main character, and there's two stories that don't connect except on the most tenuous level:

Story one: concerns an assasin and his partner (the woman).

Story two: about a mute petty criminal who lives with his elderly father.

I really hope I'm getting this striaght. Fallen Angels and Chungking Express blend together in my head so much it's not funny!
Old 01-02-03, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that's right. I just watched it again, and that is how it is. I thought the mute guy and the killer were the same person lol. Well, I got it cleared up now, thanks for your help!