Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ferris Bueller question.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ferris Bueller question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-02, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Ferris Bueller question.

I listened to the DVD commentary and John Hughes mentioned a scene in which Ferrris talks about going up in the space shuttle, but the scene was cut after the tragic explosion of the shuttle back in 1986, an old trailer also had part of that scene which was also removed form theaters, does anyone know wnything more about that scene?
Old 12-29-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And they never put it back in? That's crap. Glad to know Hollywood was "protecting" Americans from entertainment even back then. Knowing we STILL never got to see the original cut of the movie with that intact (hey, HOLLYWOOD, I think we are over the shuttle explosion now!!!), I have to wonder if we will ever get to see the WTC trailer for Spider Man on DVD??
Old 12-30-02, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also like the see the scenes that they had to edit out of the movie... which pushed the release date back a month or two.
Old 12-30-02, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which scenes are those Greendaynfg?
Old 12-30-02, 01:06 PM

Well, since we know Universal is re-releasing some other John Hughes fare (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club) in April, perhaps we'll also get a new version of Ferris with a full-blown SE treatment as well. Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 12-30-02, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by angryyoungman
Well, since we know Universal is re-releasing some other John Hughes fare (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club) in April, perhaps we'll also get a new version of Ferris with a full-blown SE treatment as well. Keep your fingers crossed!
Unfortunately, Paramount owns Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and I doubt we'll see a re-release with a plural "Special Features" menu option.
Old 01-03-03, 04:51 AM

I too would love to see a SE of this classic, I had such a thing for Mia Sara. However there's not much to complain about the current edition, great anamorphic transfer and a nice full 5.1 track. Ferris' rendition of 'Twist and Shout' during the parade is just rousing on a 5.1 set-up.

I highly doubt Paramount will revisit this title anytime soon. I for one am still waiting for a new anamorphic transfer of my other favorite Paramount title The Hunt for Red October, the current edition is a travesty!
Old 01-03-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Corporate mentality.

Reminds of the DC Comics "Swamp Thing" meets Jesus issue of the 1980s.

The story here, in a nutshell, is that in the 1980s, Rick Veitch was writing "Swamp Thing" and was in the middle of a storyline where the Swamp Thing was travelling backward in time, and meeting the DC characters at the time, like when he travelled back to WW2, Sgt. Rock guest-starred. At any rate, a story was written and drawn that took place during the Crucifixition guest starring Golden Gladiator and Etrigan the Demon. The comic book was completed but never published because someone at corporate objected because the second Swamp Thing movie was being released around the same time, and they were fearing a "Last Temptation of Christ"-type controversy. Veitch ultimately walked off of the book.

It's now been over a decade and DC still refuses to release the story in any format, despite publishing much more religiously inflammatory material in the years since.