Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The QUINTISENTIAL Quinten Tarantino apprecitation thread!!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-04-02, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, watching Reservwor Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jacky's Brown back to back all in one sitting sure makes you realize what an awesome director QT is. The guys can't do no worng! So what is your favorite QT flick? I gotta it's a hard one but my prick goes to Reservoir Dogs

Can't wait for Kill's Bill!
Old 12-04-02, 11:48 PM
Banned

I think Quinten Tarantino is a cheap rip off of Quentin Tarentino.
Proof:
Quinten vs Quentin
Jacky's Brown vs Jackie Brown
Reservwor Dogs vs Reservoir Dogs
Kill's Bill vs Kill Bill
Old 12-04-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Proof:
Quinten vs Quentin
Kill's Bill vs Kill Bill
Old 12-04-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Cool fan art, eh?
Old 12-05-02, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Proof:
Quinten vs Quentin
Kill's Bill vs Kill Bill
my bad on the spelling duke! I'm a little faded thas why
Old 12-05-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The QUINTISENTIAL Quinten Tarantino apprecitation thread!!

Originally posted by isamu
I gotta it's a hard one but my prick goes to Reservoir Dogs
OUCH! Are you alright?
Old 12-05-02, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Dang, I guess I'm faded too 'cause I didn't even notice all that mispelling.

Anyways....Uh, yeah. Can't wait for KILL BILL!
Old 12-05-02, 01:00 AM
Banned

YIKES!!!

QT is teh ultimate rip off!!!

http://www.cityonfire.com/hkfilms/cd/cityonfire.html

I. DID. NOT. KNOW. THIS

**isamu logs off severely dissapointed**
Old 12-05-02, 07:39 AM

Here is something about the rules governing the Tarantino universe I found in one article. The WOLF is the man...

"At this point I asked Quentin about the Universes that his films take place in. To which Quentin broke it down like so? JACKIE BROWN takes place in Elmore Leonard?s Universe? not his. TRUE ROMANCE, RESERVOIR DOGS and PULP FICTION take place in Quentin Universe #1. This universe is REALER THAN REAL. Meanwhile: His original NATURAL BORN KILLERS script and FROM DUSK TILL DAWN take place in Quentin Universe #2 which is the MOVIE MOVIE universe.

Now according to Quentin, there are specific rules that govern these two Universes of his. For example? Characters from Universe #1 cannot venture into Universe #2, but say Mr Blonde can appear in Pulp Fiction,and Clarence could appear in Res Dogs, but Vincent Vega could never meet the Gecko Brothers or Mickey and Mallory. And in Universe #2 those characters cant venture into Universe #1, but can go between the films in their universe. Why is this important? Well, KILL BILL takes place in the MOVIE MOVIE universe? where it is possible that Mickey and Mallory could exist? or the Gecko Brothers. BUT, also in the Movie Movie universe, characters from other movies? Folks like BILLY JACK or SHAFT? Well they exist in the Movie Movie universe as well. So if Quentin wanted Bruce Lee's Chen Zhen from FIST OF FURY to appear in KILL BILL? then Chen Zhen could appear, not that Chen Zhen will appear? but it is within the realm of possibility. GLORIOUS BASTARDS (QT's film after Kill Bill) is in universe #1, the REALER THAN REAL universe, but due to it being set in World War 2, I'd bet money that we won't see Mr White here. But perhaps his granddad? hehehe?

Quentin then states that there is only ONE character in his Universe that can disobey these rules and that is THE WOLF. THE WOLF can go between the universes because while he exists in the REALER THAN REAL universe? He's a MOVIE MOVIE character that just exists in reality. And I do not know if he's in KILL BILL, but I think it odd that he point this out? unless it is possible. Now, the characters in Universe #1? if they were to go see a movie? They would see the movies of Universe #2."
Old 12-05-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quinten tarantino is the BRUCE LI li to quentin tarantino's BRUCE LEE.

But if you asked the real quentin, i'm sure he would appreciate being either one of them.
Old 12-05-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So the first post wasn't a joke? In fact, I thought the word "quintisential" was a reference to Quint in Jaws.
Old 12-05-02, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mondo Kane

Cool fan art, eh?
Ehh, after reading the script that poster is the most inappropiate thing I've ever seen.
Old 12-07-02, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by lesterlong
Ehh, after reading the script that poster is the most inappropiate thing I've ever seen.
Why? I don't know anything about KILL BILL other than it's gory or something.

Last edited by veloce; 12-07-02 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-07-02, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

IMO, it's inappropriate because...

a) Kill Bill isn't a horror/gore film at all.

b) The credits don't state "Uma Thurman is going to... KILL BILL".

c) It's ugly as hell.
Old 04-18-03, 01:13 PM
Cool New Member

My favourite Tarantino film is Reservoir Dogs and second place alters frequently between Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.
Old 04-18-03, 01:58 PM

I really like the movie, Jackie Brown was too long. Had Quentin cut out about 30 minutes of it then he'd have had another great film. Instead he got a regular movie that isn't worthy as a follow-up to PF and RD.
Old 04-18-03, 02:15 PM

i find it amusing that hardly anyone has answered the og question. Anyway, My favorite QT film has always danced back and forth between RD and PF. IMO, PF is by far his best work. However, RD just has this awe and presence about it that is just amazing. ANd my favorite scene in RD is the anecdote told by Mr. Orange. I love the story, but even more the way QT tells it, moving from one scene to another as the story goes on. And the final part in teh bathroom is just great. But, PF has so many memorable scenes and dialogue. I'd probably have to say PF is my favorite QT film. I have been so anxious to see Kill Bill for such a long time (heh, even my sn is xKillBillx on AIM), that most of my friends say I will be disappointed the first time I see it, just because I've built it up for so long, it can't possibly meet my expectations. However, I disagree. I plan on seeing Kill BIll twice on opening day and at least 8 times while it's in theatres. Oh my, this is going to be great! Yuen Wo-Ping is my fav. martial arts cheographer by far and Iron Monkey (one of his films) is my fav. mart. arts film. Followed by CTHD. Tied in with the fact that the most beautiful woman(and one of the most talented) in film, Uma Thurman is the lead role makes this film so amazing (heh, it's not even out yet). And the trailer has to be the coolest trailer I've ever seen...well, if anyone is still reading this by now, you can obviously tell I'm a little obsessed with QT.
Old 04-18-03, 02:24 PM

well, if anyone is still reading this by now, you can obviously tell I'm a little obsessed with QT.
Not enough.
Old 04-18-03, 02:27 PM

Hmm...A lot of Tarantino threads are being revived. Could it be that the new member, Tarantino.info is trying to promote his website? Shameless.
Old 04-18-03, 03:27 PM

yeah, I noticed that too...but it's a damn good website, and I'd want to promote it too...(i guess there is some free promotion for ya tarantino.info)
Old 04-18-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulp Fiction, then Res Dogs, then Jackie.

Add in Crimson Tide, and FDTDawn after that.
Old 04-18-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we make this the Official Kill Bill thread since our cool new member Tarantino.info just bumped up every kill bill thread from the past year to the first page.