Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The poll to end all polls: Jar Jar vs Scrappy Doo

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: If Satan took a dump, it would look like:
Jar Jar Binks
50.00%
Scrappy Doo
50.00%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

The poll to end all polls: Jar Jar vs Scrappy Doo

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by White Knight

Scooby Doo is the best movie in 2002!

I love this movie!!!
You have got to be kidding me...
Old 11-28-02, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since nobody has said it yet and there is no "both of them" or twikoff option, for me it's both of them.
Old 11-28-02, 03:07 AM
Banned

Originally posted by White Knight

Scooby Doo is the best movie in 2002!

I love this movie!!!
rofl like no other, lolz !!! alright, not bad, i enjoy the scooby doo, i own the scooby doo, but honestly, the movie was not that great, i go as far as to say it was pretty darn frickin' bad... so, i laugh your comment, mock it, tease it, haha, interestin, but cRaZy, you are weird.

as far as the poll goes, i voted for the scrappy, i don't hate him that much, but btween the two... he wasn't my friend through the movie, so.... as for jar jar, i love jar jar, i don't see ppl's problem w/ him, and in a related topic, ...

EPISODE I IS THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME !!!

so... there ya' go... have funn, enjoy life, love star wars (and jar jar)
Old 11-28-02, 03:23 AM

Didn't think it would be, but this is a TOUGH decision seeing as how both are, in one circle or another, considered to be the spawn of the anti-Christ. JJB by a narrow margin...
Old 11-28-02, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Voted for Jar Jar.

Scrappy may have ruined the cheesy, crudely animated Scooby Doo cartoon series. Big freakin' loss. Kids watch too much TV anyway.

Jar Jar Binks absolutely ruined Star Wars. I probably would have liked TPM if it wasn't for Jar Jar (and those stupid Midichlorians). Remember, these movies are like a religion to geeks and losers around the world. And what did we get after a nearly 20 year wait? CGI fart jokes. Jar Jar. Jar Jar all the way, no contest.
Old 11-28-02, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Jar Jar sucks, but he didn't ruin Star Wars... George Lucas ruined Star Wars. I think the defining moment in the movie was how little Anikan destroys the Death Cruiser thing on accident. I guess if I was 8 years old I would've thought that was cool and all the 'funny' little "whoops" comments he made would've been allright with me. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad action and weak special effects... whoa... sorry. I accidently went off into a rant.

Scrappy was annoying, but forgettable. I think that Scooby Doo cartoon was annoying in general.
Old 11-28-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The poll is misleading (although I admit I didn't read it correctly). I voted for Jar-Jar because I thought I was supposed to vote for the BETTER of the two. It turns out that the wording of the poll ("If Satan Took A Dump It Would Look Like...") means that you're supposed to pick the WORSE out of the two.

I hereby change my vote to Scrappy-Doo, which is already halfway to being Doo-Doo.
Old 11-29-02, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jar Jar, while I don't like him, does have fans. Whenever I see Star Wars at the theater, there are always little kids who are happy to see him on the screen. I am not a little kid, I am not happy, but hey, Lucas said he made the character for kids, not everything in his movies can be for thirtysomething fan boys, sorry. Doesn't mean I like him, but that I can tolerate him.

Scrappy on the other hand...I think the only people who like him are girls who grew up watching Scooby. Every male person living on earth cannot stand him. Kid or adult, he is reviled by all. Well, at least by the vast majority. Jar Jar will at least have a generation of kids who grow up used to him and can take him. Scrappy's days are long past him, and he wasn't able to get a generation of kids to like him, not even a fraction of that generation.

Back to Jar Jar, however: I heard once Lucas defend Jar Jar by saying fans didn't like C-3PO and Yoda at first and now they are the most popular characters in Star Wars. Sorry, Lucas, but I still get annoyed by C-3PO's yammering on and on and on and on and on in the movies. And don't think the "This is such a drag" line went to redeem ANY of that. And I am also sorry to inform you, Lucas, that even tho it's been nearly 20 years now, Yoda's introduction in Empire is still incredibly annoying, especially since we see what he was in the first two episodes. He is so damned annoying. And he was certainly beating up on poor R2. Did they have a history together that we will see in Episode 3?
Old 11-29-02, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I respect calhoun07's opinon of Jar Jar, because he shows he doesn't ignore 3po and Yoda acting in the same ways.

People forget how much Yoda was disliked. Not on a Jar Jar scale, but he was very disliked, because of his annoying behavior, and the fact he was "just a puppet". Why do you think his role was scaled down much in the same way Jar Jar was in episode 2?

That said, I still dislike Jar Jar, but I'm not blinded by him. Plus little kids do like him. I always see kids laugh at him. Be it his first apperance in Episode 2, or his lame gags in TPM. According to Hasbro, Jar Jar's basic action figure sold very well, only second to Darth Maul. I don't see why they'd lie...
Old 11-29-02, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jar-Jar only ruined Star Wars... Scrappy was a blight on my childhood.

Scrappy by a nose.
Old 11-29-02, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
God how I hate Jar Jar Binks missa thinks
Old 11-30-02, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least Jar Jar is in the prequels for a reason. Scrappy's just a waste of an animation cel.
Old 11-30-02, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Jar Jar made me want to gag.

Scrappy made me want to throw battery acid at him.

Scrappy in a photo finish.
Old 12-02-02, 12:58 AM
Banned

Jar jar by a long run.
I hate the creation from Lucas.

Scrappy was annoying at times but no where near the waste of screen time Jar Jar was.
Old 12-02-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This poll was a stroke of genuis....Damn you for making me decide between these two incredibly annoying characters....Damn you to hell!

I gotta go with Jar Jar, but only because I didn't watch the Scrappy Doo years. Stopped watching the first time I saw him. SW, on the other hand....I've got 25 years invested in that franchise.
Old 12-02-02, 02:34 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Jar-Jar. Now it seems everybody is getting into the act. I saw an ad for The Two Towers and it looks like they are tacking some Jar-Jar CGI character onto the plot. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll skip that one.
Old 12-02-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Neither is the more prominent turd in the punch bowl. Scrappy, Jar Jar, and Pikachu form the Axis of Annoying.
Old 12-02-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In before the STGPS (Someone Takes Groucho's Post Seriously).

My vote: Jar-Jar, the 21st century equivalent to Ewoks.
Old 12-02-02, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Groucho
Jar-Jar. Now it seems everybody is getting into the act. I saw an ad for The Two Towers and it looks like they are tacking some Jar-Jar CGI character onto the plot. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll skip that one.
I think the CGI character you are talking about is Gollum. He had a minor role in the first movie.
Old 12-03-02, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
You are wrong. I know it's hard to believe, but I can assure you that Elijah Wood is a real live human being.
Old 12-03-02, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You are wrong. I know it's hard to believe, but I can assure you that Elijah Wood is a real live human being.

Someone has to come in now and complain about how fake the CG looked.
Old 12-03-02, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Considering I never really liked Star Wars that much, I go with Scrappy. I've only seen the SW episodes because of the stigma around them.
Old 12-03-02, 06:55 PM

Scrappy is the worst!

I HATE SCRAPPY!
Old 12-04-02, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

HOLY HELL! I was thinking the same thing. I can't stand Elijah Wood. I can even stomach Jake Lloyd for Christ's sake, better than I can Wood. And that's a hell of a thing.
Old 12-04-02, 07:41 AM
Banned

Originally posted by sexy_overboard
Neither is the more prominent turd in the punch bowl. Scrappy, Jar Jar, and Pikachu form the Axis of Annoying.
How could you say that!?!?

Pikachu is only second to Meowth in supreme coolness!

Onto the poll at hand: I feel it’s a matter of investment. Scrappy Doo was budgeted with a group of animators in mind who were forced to live on a meager salary by Hanna Barbara. Scrappy probably cost about 5 thousand bucks.

I imagine the development of Jar Jar Binks (name presented in entirety to convey impact of crime) cost roughly 5 million dollars.

I voted that Jar Jar was responsible for the hole in my stomach.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.