Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Question on ROGER CORMAN

Old 02-25-02, 03:59 PM
Banned

Question on ROGER CORMAN

Is he wealthy? Does anybody know?

I only ask because I know he is the KING of B and C movies from the 50's, up to the 90's, plus all the producing he has done.

Did he really earn a lot of wealth by taking the direction he did?
Old 02-25-02, 05:25 PM

I imagine he is rather well off. If not by directing some awful (cheesy) B-movies, then his production company.
Old 02-25-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yes, he is pretty wealthy. he sold his old studio in venice, california last year and made a nice chunk of change on that. he still makes films at his studio in ireland and continues to make films here in los angeles too. those crappy b-movies are made for such little money and get sold worldwide to videostores for $100 a pop. and he's got a HUGE catalog of movies. he owns tons of stock footage that gets used quite a bit in other things too.
Old 02-25-02, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by monkeyboy
yes, he is pretty wealthy. he sold his old studio in venice, california last year and made a nice chunk of change on that. he still makes films at his studio in ireland and continues to make films here in los angeles too. those crappy b-movies are made for such little money and get sold worldwide to videostores for $100 a pop. and he's got a HUGE catalog of movies. he owns tons of stock footage that gets used quite a bit in other things too.
that's what I thought. If he owned the rights to most of his flicks, he must have made millions in the 70's and 80's, just by how many "shock theater/Spengoli" types of shows showed his stuff.

Now AMC itself must send him a huge royalty check each month!
Old 02-25-02, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Scot1458

that's what I thought. If he owned the rights to most of his flicks, he must have made millions in the 70's and 80's, just by how many "shock theater/Spengoli" types of shows showed his stuff.

Now AMC itself must send him a huge royalty check each month!
i believe he also has a deal with showtime where they air some of his better films. i think it's called, 'roger coreman presents:'.

even when something like his tv series black scorpion fails miserably, i don't think he takes much of a loss. he's a smart businessman.
Old 02-25-02, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by monkeyboy

i believe he also has a deal with showtime where they air some of his better films. i think it's called, 'roger coreman presents:'.

even when something like his tv series black scorpion fails miserably, i don't think he takes much of a loss. he's a smart businessman.
Anybody that released their movie under several titles back in the 60's you KNOW is a good businessman!
Old 01-14-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

an absolutely amazing book

if you want to get the confidence to make movies, read this book.
Old 01-14-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Originally posted by joeydaninja
an absolutely amazing book

if you want to get the confidence to make movies, read this book.
Great read, I have it in my library as well.