Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > Key Thread Archive
Reload this Page >

When the Dust settles, If there are NO Weapons of MD, will the US plant some ?

Old 03-18-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally posted by classicman2
I don't believe you would find it all that difficult to know something that the inspectors don't know.
Of course since the US has never wanted the inspections to succeed in the 1st place.
Old 03-18-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by goop
It is probably more accurate to call it...
When has that ever stopped you before?

Forget accurate and go with you feelings
Old 03-18-03, 10:08 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have said more.

We know he had more chemical/bio weapons. However we also know that many had shelf lives of under ten years so they may really be gone now. But we have accurate records of what we help them get durring the Iraq/Iran war and we have not found all of this stuff. We have also never been told all what was given to Iraq. Bush may know that they have stuff that we help them get that we must get now.

Still its laughable how quickly the right here would discount the idea that this administration would use propaganda. Every administration at war has used propaganda.

We already had the nuclear story exposed as propaganda.

I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with it or that it is worth criticizing. But you can bet the farm and all your pennies that we will find lots of stuff (we have to).
Banned

Originally posted by kvrdave
When has that ever stopped you before?

Forget accurate and go with you feelings

I would but that mantra has already been taken by of most of the pro-war people.
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by eXcentris
Of course since the US has never wanted the inspections to succeed in the 1st place.
There was never a chance for the inspectors to succeed in the first place. It was doomed to fail. The inspection process only works when you have cooperation from those that you are inspecting.

Cooperation will not be a problem in the "new Iraq."
Old 03-18-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: What if we find nothing in Iraq?

Originally posted by Venusian
what if we find no chemical weapons, no torture chambers, no rape rooms? I'm not saying they aren't there, what if they are just destroyed before we get there? Do you think the U.S. govt would fake them? Do you think that if we do find them, some of the nay sayers would change their minds?
My opinions:
WMD: George hasn't shown us hard proof before we go in. If he can't show us hard proof afterward, he is a one term President, and we have to eat crow at the UN for a decade or more. I consider this probability near zero. On the slight chance of it occuring though, George needs to realize how po'd the American people would be.
Fake: Honestly, if we find nothing, he might want to try. I believe someone would have the integrity to rat him out if this were the case. It would be too big to cover up.
Others: If there were a mushroom cloud over Paris, those French far enough away to survive will say "We need more proof" or "He didn't attack us."
Old 03-18-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eXcentris
Unless you know something the UN inspectors don't, I don't see how you could just happen to stumble upon a big pile of weapons and say "look! we told you so!".
It would be funny for the American soldiers to just stumble upon the stuff because the Iraqis didn't have time to move them around. I could see Mark Whalberg playing his character from Three Kings saying "What the heck did I just trip over?" "Oh, it's just some Anthrax and stuff." "I thought they didn't have this stuff and we were supposed to plant some evidence." "Oh well, makes our job easier."

All kidding aside I would be amazed if they could find no evidence of WMD. It would be scary if SH decided he had nothing to lose and went for an all out first strike attack using his WMD.
Old 03-18-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by goop
Wasn’t their something on 60 Minutes this Sunday saying Bush had the lowest IQ of any recent president?
Yah, it was on 60 minutes.. and about 20 seconds after 60 minutes said that, they said they tried to trace the sources, and immediately found that the study was completely fabricated, and the sources were made up.

To answer the original question, we will still complete the objective which is to get SH out of power, and they will come up with something.. even if its just 'evidence' of WMD.
Old 03-20-03, 02:44 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

when the dust settles, if, all shocks of shocks, there happens NOT to be any weapons of mass destruction, will the US plant some in Iraq ?

cos if they don't, they will look like the biggest bullies and wallies in history!
Old 03-20-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When the Dust settles, If someone doesn't use search, will the thread be locked?

As I said in this thread, no.

What if we find nothing in Iraq?

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 03-20-03 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-20-03, 02:46 PM

does someone hear an echo in here

Last edited by nemein; 03-20-03 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-20-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: When the Dust settles, If there are NO Weapons of MD, will the US plant some ?

Originally posted by Original Desmond
cos if they don't, they will look like the biggest bullies and wallies in history!
Old 03-20-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: When the Dust settles, If there are NO Weapons of MD, will the US plant some ?

when the dust settles, if, all shocks of shocks, there happens NOT to be any weapons of mass destruction, will the US plant some in Iraq ?

Oh please.

The better question is that when we do what are those who said there wasn't any going to say ?

Hmmm.

What is France going to say when they are shown to have oil & weapon deals with Saddam ?
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
No chance of us looking like a bunch of Sheilas, mate.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think there are a few poeple here who think the US will do something like that.

Loony, if you ask me.
DVD Talk Legend

Well, Iraq has already fired a SCUD missile at US troops in Kuwait so we know they were lying about that...
Old 03-20-03, 02:51 PM
X
Administrator

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
The most effective ones to plant would be pesticides, chainsaws, and tax reduction plans.
Old 03-20-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk God

If the scud missiles that were used were really just large bouquets of love and harmony, will we plant scud missiles?
Old 03-20-03, 02:53 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
don't get me wrong, i hope there are weapns of MD to justify the war but i just think Bush should have been more honest and said he was going into Iraq for regime change mainly, sod the weapons, let's just get rid of Saddam !
Old 03-20-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i think we should plant flowers.
Old 03-20-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally posted by DeputyDave
Well, Iraq has already fired a SCUD missile at US troops in Kuwait so we know they were lying about that...
Huh? How do you know where those scuds were fired from? Basra, for example, is less than 100 KM from the Koweit border.
Old 03-20-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

don't get me wrong, i hope there are weapns of MD to justify the war but i just think Bush should have been more honest and said he was going into Iraq for regime change mainly, sod the weapons, let's just get rid of Saddam !
Bush never said the main reason was for regime change.
He has said all along the reasons we are going to war are disarm Iraq, regime change and liberate their people.
Old 03-20-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although I don't put it past our government I'd say no in this instance.

(but that's just my gut)
Old 03-20-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the Iraqis are firing Al Samouds and SCUDS at us. They're illegal, lord knows what else he has.
Old 03-20-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't think they'd plant anything. It'd be just as easy to say that they were destroyed and you'd just have to take their word for it.

Originally posted by Struz

The better question is that when we do what are those who said there wasn't any going to say ?
I don't know how many people dispute that there might be chemical stockpiles or illegal weapons there. The dispute is if we really needed to go to war over it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.