DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   My girl friend dumped me for another guy on New Years Eve (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/361076-my-girl-friend-dumped-me-another-guy-new-years-eve.html)

blaineo 01-01-04 09:47 AM

My girl friend dumped me for another guy on New Years Eve

I live in VA she lives in TX. She called me and dumped me at 11:45 PM How should I deal with this Im pretty torn up. I knew that she was seeing somebody else she told me about 2 weeks before Xmas. At that time I said that maybe we should split and she insisted no. but the next two weeks got progressively worse. How should I handle this.

BigPete 01-01-04 09:48 AM

Just say to yourself, "****ing bitch" and then go about life as usual.

TomOpus 01-01-04 09:58 AM

I've never been a big fan of long distance relationships... I know some work out, though.

Try not to dwell on things with her. Her timing really sucks and it's probably just as well things ended now. You have a new year to look forward to.

For now, do things for yourself. Don't jump into another relationship too soon. After a few months start looking around locally.

Giantrobo 01-01-04 10:10 AM

dude, move on she's someone else's <b>problem</b>

You are free again and it's a new year. Someone HOTTER, NICER, and BETTER for you is out there waiting for you.

nazz 01-01-04 10:11 AM

Calling you and telling you at 11:45 PM on New Years's Eve is heartless. Even though it may not seem like it right now you're better off without someone who would do that to you.

das Monkey 01-01-04 10:14 AM

If she'd break up with you at 11:45 PM on New Year's Eve, she's not worth your time. Breakups suck, but almost all of them are for the best. Be happy you can start the year fresh and take comfort in the knowledge that you've just avoided a potentially bad longterm relationship. And watch some football!!

das

Thunderball 01-01-04 10:23 AM

My e-friend,

You don't need that shit. Don't worry about it.

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks I believe is the correct line :)

twikoff 01-01-04 10:26 AM

new year
fresh start
bitch gone

:up:

Th0r S1mpson 01-01-04 10:32 AM

Never an easy thing, and it certainly doesn't sound like she tried to make it any easier. You're so much better off without her.

Best of luck in the New Year... hopefully you find someone who won't run around on you, but realize you don't really need anyone right this minute. Give it some time, have fun with some friends. Try not to let your thoughts dwell on it too much (hard, I know). She's not worth the time.

blaineo 01-01-04 10:48 AM

thanks for all your suport.

speedy1961 01-01-04 11:06 AM

Good luck. Best of luck to you in 2004.

KnightLerxst 01-01-04 11:30 AM

Probably will be one of the best things that ever happened to you. Hindsight is 20/20...you should have just fully given her the axe when she told you she was seeing someone else, but I digress.

You will find someone much better than that selfish whore.

Groucho 01-01-04 11:34 AM

Ask for "one last hookup" and during, pee in her butt.

DarthVong 01-01-04 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Better yet, pee in her shoes and hand her a Burnt Sienna crayon.

DVD Polizei 01-01-04 12:01 PM

Make her some "break-up brownies". :D

She seems like a fluffcake. 11:45PM? Obviously wanted to wash her hands. Well, make her some Breakup Brownies, mixed with your loving ingredients.

nevermind 01-01-04 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Then shit on her forehead and consider it a job well done and wipe your hands of this bitch for good.

Hang in there blaineo :)

DVD Polizei 01-01-04 12:32 PM

This is starting to sound like a prison.

Buford T Pusser 01-01-04 12:35 PM

You are much better off. It always seems bad when it happens but later it will seem like a good thing.

Tommy Ceez 01-01-04 01:13 PM

Hey, at least you dont sleep in a bunk bed. Life can always be looked apon as positive when you have that going for you.

Jack Straw 01-01-04 01:26 PM

If nothing else, just take comfort in the fact that you're in Virginia and she's in Texas.

kenny79 01-01-04 01:31 PM

Where in Texas is she?

You know, just for curiosity's sake. ;)

Mad Dawg 01-01-04 01:47 PM

Originally posted by kenny79
Where in Texas is she?

You know, just for curiosity's sake. ;)

Yeah, I'm sure that many of your fellow Otters in Texas will be more than happy to deliver a flaming bag of poo to her doorstep.

Alyoshka 01-01-04 01:55 PM

I had a girl break up with me the day before Valentines day. Best thing to do is get over it. Also, I'm willing to deliver the flaming poo if you wish.

pro-bassoonist 01-01-04 02:18 PM

11.45pm????????????????????

Talking about a nasty end!!! Wow....I dont think she really liked you then. Anyhow....move on....smile....and look for a local girl.

Good luck!!

DRG 01-01-04 02:41 PM

I hope you weren't with her for too long, but even so you are better off. I've been dumped some rotten ways before (one ended a three month relationship by putting a note on my car while I was at work), but this takes the cake.

She has proven to be a completely selfish person by 1) denying you the honorable split two weeks ago even though she was eyeing other guys, and 2) picking one of the most inopportune times to drop the bad news, which seems like it was timed so she could go hook up with some dude guilt-free. Likely so she could clear her conscience with no concern for your actual feelings. You're rid of her now. Just concentrate on the shitty things she did and remember that whatever good traits she had can be found in someone else.

Jackskeleton 01-01-04 02:58 PM

Long distance relationship.. uh yeah.. Your better off without her if she was just going to go and cheat on you. Like tweaky said.. New year, Fresh start, go enjoy life.

Being single is something you need to enjoy, not be bummed about. :p

schizopak 01-01-04 03:45 PM

Originally posted by DarthBong
Better yet, pee in her shoes and hand her a Burnt Sienna crayon.
hey! i am the proud owner of Burnt Sienna. Don't go passing him off to some shoe peeing wacko! :D

icondude 01-02-04 09:05 AM

Sounds to me like she wanted to make the breakup official, before she slept with the new guy.

Bushdog 01-02-04 09:09 AM

Well, these sound like fairly young people. I'm guessing she wanted to start the new year with the new guy. Not to mention that she's probably a lightweight who was drunk when she called.

NCMojo 01-02-04 09:29 AM

OK, this needs to be a new Otter rule. If your wife or girlfriend dumps you or cheats on you, you need to post their picture here on the forum so we can all have fun Photochopping her and making fun of her.

On a related topic... men, be sure to take at least one naked picture of your significant other at some point, even if you're in a loving and commited relationship. With some women, you just never know...

Note to wife -- I kid, I kid! I just bought that night-vision camera for the Halloween photos. Seriously! That red light just means that it is recharging! Honest!

blaineo 01-02-04 12:14 PM

She's 45 Im 42

Alyoshka 01-02-04 12:15 PM

Originally posted by blaineo
She's 45 Im 42
Sounds like your a lot better off without her as there was nothing mature about her actions. Get out there and have some fun; you've been given a fresh start.

Tommy_Harn 01-02-04 12:56 PM

In her defense, she lives in Texas. For her, it was actually only 9:45 . . .

. . . feel better?

shumway 01-02-04 01:16 PM

It would have been 10:45, only 1 hour between EST and CST, and, I would hope at 45, she would actually know the difference between the 2 timezones when she decided to place that call. As everyone has been saying, good luck, and, you can do better.

Bushdog 01-02-04 01:27 PM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Sounds like your a lot better off without her as there was nothing mature about her actions. Get out there and have some fun; you've been given a fresh start.
:up: This behavior is childish.

Hiro11 01-02-04 01:34 PM

I recommend "Heartbreaker" by Led Zep at maximum volume for three days straight, minimum. Then I recommend a sultry, willing young lass with flashing eyes and a risque mouth.

LiquidSky 01-02-04 02:13 PM

That is rough. But as others have said: you are better off without someone who is cold enough to break up with you on New Year's Eve.

blaineo 04-27-04 11:23 PM

What this dog forgot to tell you is he has a family living with him that he claims he loves. He is a dirty dog, do not feel sorry for him!!

TomOpus 04-27-04 11:31 PM

-confused-

HistoryProf 04-27-04 11:33 PM

somebody done got hacked!