Community
Search

Check out this ebay seller

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The crayons have arrived. HaHa.
It cost him $16.80 US to ship the crayons and book to me. For some crayons and a book. He insured it for $31.60 US. It weighs 3 lbs, supposably. If he doesn't get off Ebay soon he may go broke. Can you imagine what the typewriter is going to cost?

bothanspy : what was the cost for your book to ship? And I have not opened the package yet either.

- Got the package today, digital camera back yesterday. Gonna have some fun, will post back.
Old 07-11-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Preacher

bothanspy : what was the cost for your book to ship? And I have not opened the package yet either.

$1.42. His return address label has some colonial soldier on it with a flute.
Old 07-11-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bothanspy
$1.42. His return address label has some colonial soldier on it with a flute.
That's a better cost for shipping anyway. Hell, I'm not half as mad as before. He insured this thing for $31.60 US. My paying $18.27 US for a pack of crayons and a book netted him $1.47.
Old 07-11-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
He loses money on all of his auctions. He probably felt odd that he made $1.47 on you. He spent 60 cents to mail the stirrers to me that I paid him 36 cents for.

I am ready to mail mine to whoever and whatever the plan is. I have to run out for a long weekend, so let me know where to send the clown straws.
Old 07-11-03, 06:22 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Are you sure thats a flute on the mailing label? Could be one of his anal probes ?
Old 07-11-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I was hinting at the innuendo without actually saying it
Old 07-11-03, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I''m gonna shoot for it going up by tomorrow night. Put up for the 5 or 7 day option and give us some time with it. Well I'm ready to ship also, we just need a few addresses for RandyC and I, if bothanspy and ChiTownAbs are trading. I'll just send the crayons as it is cheaper and it will cause a little more mystery for the seller once it gets back..
Old 07-11-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

message sent to the seller in the last few minutes:

Thanks for the shipping. Quite the insurance on the package but it was very appreciated. I wish to put the crayons back up for auction in the next day or so and our camera is acting up. Could I use the scan from your auction for mine? If you do not feel perfectly comfortable do not worry, online it can be found. Some research indicates that the product does have a particular rarity that should lend it to resale if my information is correct. Well, time will tell.

Thank you,
atlas153

PS: how much was shipping on the pool I was unable to inquire? really wanted the pool.
Old 07-11-03, 07:22 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

I can just see him...

"rarity"
Old 07-11-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The flute/butt connection:

http://www.barringercues.com/cussixflutro.html
Old 07-11-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I''m gonna shoot for it going up by tomorrow night. Put up for the 5 or 7 day option and give us some time with it. Well I'm ready to ship also, we just need a few addresses for RandyC and I, if bothanspy and ChiTownAbs are trading. I'll just send the crayons as it is cheaper and it will cause a little more mystery for the seller once it gets back..
Actually, for posterity, Abs lost this auction because my wallet ran a bit deeper I don't think he won another one. Who am I sending this to (900 book)?
Old 07-11-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bothanspy
Actually, for posterity, Abs lost this auction because my wallet ran a bit deeper I don't think he won another one. Who am I sending this to (900 book)?
Is it any good? Mines appears not half bad considering. We could go straws/900 book/crayons for payment for conscience? Maybe everyone sends it to einTier?
Old 07-11-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

$16.80 for crayons and a book? He should have sent it media mail...

And of course don't feel bad about bidding on and winning his auctions. Sure, he lost money, but he would have lost more if you hadn't of bid (and raised the bid).
Old 07-11-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This guy is gonna go Vacaville after this stuff.
Old 07-12-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
This thread is like a good TV show that you just keep returning to each week to see what transpires from the last cliffhanger. Each time I see a new post I grab a soda and some chips.
Old 07-12-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Heat
$16.80 for crayons and a book? He should have sent it media mail...

And of course don't feel bad about bidding on and winning his auctions. Sure, he lost money, but he would have lost more if you hadn't of bid (and raised the bid).
part of the reason why he paid so much for shipping was because he insured them for what we made him think they were worth, rather than their actual value.
he thought he was sending some collectors item, otherwise Im sure he would have gone with el cheapo shipping
Old 07-12-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
This thread is like a good TV show that you just keep returning to each week to see what transpires from the last cliffhanger. Each time I see a new post I grab a soda and some chips.
That's a lot of empty calories-glad the thread is filling you up like so many anally-probed crayons.
Old 07-12-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well... the box that I assume contains the typewriter landed on my front porch today. I'm honestly afraid to open it. I'm also trying to figure out how to explain to Jennifer how an old, moldy typewriter got mailed to us, and even then, I wonder if she'll believe me. The label on the package claims it took $25 and some change to mail if I'm reading it correctly.

More to follow.
Old 07-12-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk God

and the winner of the 'biggest step towards making this man bankrupt' award goes to eintier

would anyone be shocked to find out that the person running this auction is the former ceo of enron?
sell at a loss.. but make up for it by selling high volume...
and the anal probe equipment might make more sense....
Old 07-12-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by einTier
Well... the box that I assume contains the typewriter landed on my front porch today. I'm honestly afraid to open it. I'm also trying to figure out how to explain to Jennifer how an old, moldy typewriter got mailed to us, and even then, I wonder if she'll believe me. The label on the package claims it took $25 and some change to mail if I'm reading it correctly.

More to follow.
Reminds me of my woman calling me expensive after the crayon purchase. I've decided to hold onto the book. He emailed me back and sent a copy of the crayon scans along with the cost of the pool to ship being $1.50. He deos understand shipping. Mostly. So twikoff would seem right. He will feel comforted by what we get this auction up to. It will go up tomorrow night as this has been too long a day to do it right quickly. Let us know how it looks when you decide to break in.
Old 07-12-03, 07:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
You are all bad people. I want to participate!
Old 07-12-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

when the bidding on the crayons start
we need as many different people bidding as possible
the more bidders bidding on it, the more popular it looks

not quite as impressive if just a couple people bid back and forth to run up the price.
of course.. dont get excessive, because there will be ebay fees at the end
Old 07-13-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by twikoff
when the bidding on the crayons start
we need as many different people bidding as possible
the more bidders bidding on it, the more popular it looks

not quite as impressive if just a couple people bid back and forth to run up the price.
of course.. dont get excessive, because there will be ebay fees at the end
True, but fees should only be about 3% of any final price. If we get it up to $200 or thereabouts, that's still only about $6 (and we can always donate some money to Preacher via paypal to cover his costs).

I will certainly be bidding on it as these rare crayons aren't available in Australia

I would suggest anyone wishing to make a bid not bid immediately as a lot of fast bids might look too suspicious (and pace them so that the bids aren't all coming in within 5 minutes of each other). Preacher can then always update the original seller with "they're at $75 now", etc.

Hey, if the bids rise slowly over a few days and it looks real, we might even get him to buy them back Wouldn't THAT be weird.
Old 07-13-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He will feel comforted by what we get this auction up to. It will go up tomorrow night as this has been too long a day to do it right quickly. Let us know how it looks when you decide to break in.
Good idea on starting it on a Sunday night. Tradition shows that auctions started on that night tend to earn more money.
Old 07-13-03, 09:51 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Are they pointy though? If the tips aren't pointy, I'm not bidding.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.