DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   Official DVD Replacement Cover & Case Part Deux (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/133252-official-dvd-replacement-cover-case-part-deux.html)

zaskar 09-25-01 07:31 PM

What kind of printer would you recomend. Someone mentioned a Lexmark Z52 Color Jetprinter. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

kefrank 09-25-01 08:00 PM

i have an Epson Stylus Photo 780 which is on sale right now just about everywhere because i think there is a new model replacing it. it printed the alternate james bond covers beautifully on epson photo glossy paper.

mkdevo 09-25-01 10:57 PM

Originally posted by mdX
...links to my Total Recall SE insert...
TRSE insert hires

very nice! just wondering, how do i go about printing that insert? dimensions/program?? got the covers down, but didn't see anything about printing inserts.. thanks!

mdX 09-25-01 11:07 PM

Originally posted by mkdevo
very nice! just wondering, how do i go about printing that insert? dimensions/program?? got the covers down, but didn't see anything about printing inserts.. thanks!
if you use a decent image editor, like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro, you don't need to worry about dimensions. The pic itself is the proper dimensions for a chapter insert.

Jyanix 09-26-01 12:15 AM

In addition to CE3K, does anyone know where I can obtain "A Better Tomorrow" (starring Chow Yun Fat)? Thanks

Randy810 09-26-01 12:26 AM

I am finally getting the hang of this. I printed out the Basic Instinct cover and it is great.
Does anyone have the insert for it?
Thanks in advance

:D

:johnwoo:

Tob 09-26-01 07:09 AM

Originally posted by mdX
I just finished a new cover for The Killer since the fox lorber one sucks hard. It's exactly like the criterion one, but with a few changes (studio logos, special features, etc).

The Killer cover preview (72 dpi, 366kB)
The Killer cover hires (300 dpi, 3.9MB)

I'll do one for the fox lorber Hard Boiled disc as well, once I get around to picking that up (and gettinga scan of the criterion cover).

-Matt

That is very cool, thanks very much for that, I'm gonna print this later.

phraseturner 09-26-01 11:18 AM

Anyone want to take a shot at a NO WAY OUT cover? MGM didn't use the great black & white poster art with Costner and Hackman. They crated new, ugly, big-head crap instead. Also, has anyone made a cover for a" Gladiator"-type case for Image's dts two-disc DANCES WITH WOLVES? I've stored the cardboard slipcase they came in (it's kinda flimsy), but would like a cover for the palstic case I'm now using.

Thanks to the makers of the BASIC INSTINCT and TOTAL RECALL covers. I wish I were computer literate enough to make my meager efforts to look this good. . .

MikeM 09-26-01 01:09 PM

Originally posted by Randy810
I am finally getting the hang of this. I printed out the Basic Instinct cover and it is great.
Does anyone have the insert for it?

Glad you like the cover I created. Sorry, I didn't make an insert for it just yet. In fact, I still have to make an R-Rated cover version as well. I'll keep you posted.

-Mike McGee

mkdevo 09-27-01 11:53 AM

since this is the 'Replacement Cover AND CASE' thread, i thought i'd bring up the 'case-switching' i did yesterday...

i recently organized my 300+ dvd collection by studio.. i like the way they look on the shelf better that way... now, all my disney dvd's have white cases, except Dinosaur: SE (and the ultimate toy box, which i took care of)... but Dinosaur: SE is in a thick 2-disc case, and i'd never seen one of those in white before... then i noticed Forrest Gump on my rack! white, thick, 2-disc case...

so, to make a long story short, switch your Dinosaur: SE and Forrest Gump cases to make things more uniform. :)

JuryDuty 09-27-01 03:35 PM

Wanted: High-Quality Scans/Creations of Air Bud covers!

I got in on the Kellogg's Air Bud DVDs, but they don't come with covers--just in sleeves. Can someone create a high quality scan or original artwork for:

Air Bud

Air Bud: Golden Receiver

I know there are a bunch of us who would really appreciate it! The only cover I've found on the Net is a Dutch one.

zaroff1 09-27-01 05:50 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cover images for Sudden Death and River Wild. I received these as a gift a long time ago when DVDs came in regular CD cases and would like to get covers and put them into normal cases. I appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.

donsrule 09-28-01 02:10 AM

Anyone own Torn Curtain

I'm after the covers for
TORN CURTAIN, THE FUGITIVE (snapper conversion) and THE GOONIES (snapper conversion) at 300dpi if possible.

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Or, if you know of a good site with the covers. I've tried a few to no avail.

mdX 09-29-01 04:59 PM

I'd just like to let everyone know that my new site is up at www.dvdcoverart.com. My hope is that it will become the most comprehensive site for high-quality, high-resolution dvd covers on the net. I still have a lot of work to do on it (the site structure that is up now is just preliminary), and will be adding some sort of forums as well. If anyone would like to contribute in any way (supplying covers, site design, forum admin, etc) please drop me a line at [email protected] . Comments and suggestions, as always, are appreciated (drop me an email)

-Matt

Disc-Flipper 09-30-01 01:02 PM

Re: Wanted: High-Quality Scans/Creations of Air Bud covers!

Originally posted by JuryDuty
I got in on the Kellogg's Air Bud DVDs, but they don't come with covers--just in sleeves. Can someone create a high quality scan or original artwork for:

Air Bud

Air Bud: Golden Receiver

Perhaps a cover for "Babar: King of the Elephants" also!

Thomas5603 09-30-01 06:51 PM

Back when Zinema originally had the 007 covers up in lo-res on his website, he also had a lo-res cover of The Rocketeer. Does anyone know if this ever made available as a hi-res version like his Bond covers were? Does anyone have an e-mail address for Zinema so I can e-mail him directly?

Thanks,
Thomas D

Disc-Flipper 09-30-01 08:37 PM

I'm looking for high quality scans of the Friday the 13th parts V & VI DVD back covers. Mine haven't come in the mail yet, and I'd like to complete my custom covers. E-mail me ASAP at [email protected]

J.P.V. 09-30-01 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Thomas5603
Back when Zinema originally had the 007 covers up in lo-res on his website, he also had a lo-res cover of The Rocketeer. Does anyone know if this ever made available as a hi-res version like his Bond covers were? Does anyone have an e-mail address for Zinema so I can e-mail him directly?

Thanks,
Thomas D

[email protected]

Jean Paul :)

J.P.V. 09-30-01 08:59 PM

Re: Re: Wanted: High-Quality Scans/Creations of Air Bud covers!

Originally posted by Disc-Flipper

Perhaps a cover for "Babar: King of the Elephants" also!

Canadian Cereal DVD Covers

Jean Paul :)

radiospots 09-30-01 09:22 PM

Originally posted by mdX
I'd just like to let everyone know that my new site is up at www.dvdcoverart.com. -Matt
Just checked it out...looks great!

Tob 09-30-01 09:32 PM

Originally posted by mdX
I'd just like to let everyone know that my new site is up at www.dvdcoverart.com. My hope is that it will become the most comprehensive site for high-quality, high-resolution dvd covers on the net. I still have a lot of work to do on it (the site structure that is up now is just preliminary), and will be adding some sort of forums as well. If anyone would like to contribute in any way (supplying covers, site design, forum admin, etc) please drop me a line at [email protected] . Comments and suggestions, as always, are appreciated (drop me an email)

-Matt

The site looks great Matt!

RMan360 10-01-01 10:44 PM

Simpsons anyone?

Each preview is around 170kb

Preview Disc 1 Cover
Preview Disc 2 Cover
Preview Disc 3 Cover

Any fine-tuning comments?

I am trying to figure out how to make all the covers fit on my site, so it may be a couple of days before they're up. I may just lose the Wickerman and Close Encounters covers for a while.

-Matt

Londo 10-02-01 01:26 PM

hmmm... not bad... off cuff suggestion..

- instead of 'Disc 1, Disc 2' perhaps

Season 1
Disc 1

Season 1
Disc 2

and lose the 'complete first season' from the spine (just 'The Simpsons')

plan for the future :)

- make the 'bubble' around the 'special features' a tad bigger on the left..

mdX 10-02-01 03:35 PM

Originally posted by mdX

-Matt

I'd also like to mention I now have forums set up on my site, which should make it easier for people to get the covers they are looking for (easier than one long thread, like we have here).

Mr.Moody 10-02-01 04:35 PM

Goonies cover

I guess I should start hanging out here now...

Originally posted by donsrule
Anyone know of a snapper conversion for ... THE GOONIES ?
There is a Goonies cover on my site now.