Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Problem with dddhouse

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Problem with dddhouse

Old 03-04-01, 05:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone who has ordered from dddhouse gotten a bad disk? I ordered Re-incarnation of golden lotus and Bride with white hair and both disks have small bubbles on the play surface and stains as well. Consistent with DVDrot I think. One of them doesn't play at all and the other doesn't play the last 2 chapters.

What is their return policy?
Old 03-04-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No idea, from what I've heard their CS is good. Try emailing them and see what they have to say. I've bought 20 discs from them so far and haven't had a bad one yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Chris
Old 03-04-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I've heard, they are pretty good on damaged discs.

Send them back to them and they change them. That's what they did when one of my brothers mates had some dodgy discs.
Old 03-05-01, 02:06 AM
Cool New Member

Emailed Johnny and he replied within 24 hours (love that), he said to just send the disk itself back minus packaging and not to worry about protecting the disks so postage is cheaper. He will exchange it when he gets them. Costs me AU$5.50 to send 2 disks to HK from Oz, not too bad I guess. Let's hope he checks the replacements before he sends
Old 03-05-01, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Reminds me of when I had to send a duplicate disc back to Reel.com. Cost me $8 ($4 US), insured air mail to the US. And that's for an individual. Makes you wonder how much the online stores are scamming off us with their ultra high shipping rates (particularly in the US).

Chris
Old 03-05-01, 08:44 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Jaxx
Has anyone who has ordered from dddhouse gotten a bad disk? I ordered Re-incarnation of golden lotus and Bride with white hair and both disks have small bubbles on the play surface and stains as well. Consistent with DVDrot I think. One of them doesn't play at all and the other doesn't play the last 2 chapters.

What is their return policy?
It might not be a bad disk. Make sure your DVD player can play the region that disk is set on