Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

BEST CANADIAN SITE IS www.cnl.com

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

BEST CANADIAN SITE IS www.cnl.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-00, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every canadian user should look at this site.
I can gurantee that these are the lowest prices in the world for canadian users..
Give it a look.
also you recieve movies up to a week before they come out..
I got gladiator and x-men on friday, it is supposed to be released on tuesday..
You also get member privelages..
Check it out trust me
Old 11-21-00, 12:21 PM

Actually, I think futureshop.ca has them beat for new titles and free shipping this time around
Old 11-21-00, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doesn't absound.ca have better prices than CNL? And absound doesn't have CNL's absurd "handling fee".
Old 11-22-00, 07:40 AM

djblazer, this being your first post and an extremely "hype-ish" one at that, many would assume you work for them. No one can be sure, but it's "fishy".

CNL has decent prices, sure. Not always the best, but their customer service isn't worth the few bucks you save.

CNL is arrogant and impudent. $5 "handling" fee on TOP of shipping charges? What the hell is that? Oh, but wait, if you need a defective DVD replaced, the return shipping will be at your cost...hmmm, that doesn't sound so bad, right? The best is yet to come: you not only have to pay shipping AGAIN for the replacement they send you, you also have to pay THE $5 HANDLING FEE AGAIN!

This "policy" applies to studio errors like the Bonds and The Professional. The problems in these instances were completely out of the customer's hands. So ~$15 extra to get a studio replacement from them.

If it wasn't for CNL's retail location (where the handling fee isn't a factor), CNL would have died a long time ago.

------------------
GoldfishLegs.com <-- Canadian Deals, Steals, & Free Goldfish Therapy
Old 11-22-00, 01:05 PM

True they are a little lacking in the CS department and that nasty $5 fee in most cases. But with chapters.ca pretty much going down the drain (no more 10% off dvds with membership) there are few choices left for decent canadian online stores. With futureshop's good prices on new titles and free shipping they are pretty hard to beat right now.

Though I still wish that canshop didn't go down the tubes as they were one of my favourites for dvds.
Old 11-23-00, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Their pretty good but I think like any country, you have to shop around for prices. I buy from about twenty different shops on the net hey.

------------------
Regards...
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16