Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

buy.com/au

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-00, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have knowledge of use of buy.com coupon codes use on the aussie version buy.com/au?

*OR*

Any details on places to acquire buy.com/au GC's or coupon codes??

------------------
Snootchie Bootchies!
Old 11-19-00, 04:02 AM

Phism

Unfortunately no to both questions. Buy.com (US) and Buy.com (AU) are two separate entities AFAIK. Also I don't think there have been any coupons for the au site.

The best that Buy.com au can do is the very occasional free shipping, but even then their DVD prices suck. Not bad on some PC hardware though. I've bought some specials from them before.
Old 11-19-00, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Most of the international Buys blow as far as anything except PC hardware is concerned, sadly... They don't give out GCs via Jaboom-esque sites either, so all you can really do is watch the Aussie deals sites (there's gotta be SOME out there...) for the odd coupon code once in a blue moon, and even they're usually only for "new" ( ) customers...

------------------
I had to move to a new apartment recently. The old place was getting a little too small for me and my cat.

You'd be surprised how much space it takes for a cheetah to ride a dirt bike.
Old 11-19-00, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They've had occasional deals, like a $10 off(AUD). I bought the game Planetscape Torment from them using that and received it promptly. I don't think their dvd selection or prices are that great but you might see something else you like in one of the other departments.

Just checked, there's currently a VISA promotion going on, $20 off $100. First visit http://www.au.buy.com/ . Set up an eAccount / login. Then visit the VISA promotion link on the lower left of the page. You should see a page to enter your email and a 'Visa Password'. The Visa Password is just 'VISA'. I think you may need to actually use a VISA card to get the discount, but not sure.

Chris