Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wanted Subway & Nirvana DVD from european online store

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Wanted Subway & Nirvana DVD from european online store

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-00, 11:31 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!
I just tried ordering Nirvana (the one with Christopher Lambert) and Subway (the re-releases) from amazon.fr - Now i got an email saying that both !!! of these movies are no longer available (?) and my order has been cancelled. Any ideas where to order now?.
Old 11-13-00, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My order for Subway is still in place at www.amazon.fr, all that’s changed is the release date which is now 11/21. You should get Nirvana (excellent movie) from www.dvdzone2.com as it’s only 12 euros there.
Old 11-14-00, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was checking these out, out of curiosity. The "Nirvana" listed at www.dvdzone2.com lists only a French DD 2.0 soundtrack.

The other curious thing is that the VAT you get back if shipped outside the European Union is 21%. I know the VAT in the UK is 17.5%. Is there a new "European" VAT of 21%?

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 11-14-00, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

cloud, can’t explain the weird rate of VAT, maybe there are other taxes applied to Europeans that are not levied on US customers?

It’s a pain about Nirvana, but I’ve seen it once with subtitles and I’m hoping my pidgeon French will help me struggle through a second viewing. I believe the only other alternative at present is a Swedish Pan and Scan dub version whereas the French disc sports an anamorphic transfer.
Old 11-14-00, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:
cloud, can’t explain the weird rate of VAT, maybe there are other taxes applied to Europeans that are not levied on US customers?

It’s a pain about Nirvana, but I’ve seen it once with subtitles and I’m hoping my pidgeon French will help me struggle through a second viewing. I believe the only other alternative at present is a Swedish Pan and Scan dub version whereas the French disc sports an anamorphic transfer.
<HR>

Yes, but the thing is as the site is in English I presumed that they were based in the United Kingdom would therefore use the UK VAT rate of 17.5%. Of course the main currency they quote their prices in is the Euro so maybe there is a new VAT that covers purchases made in Euro's.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 11-14-00, 08:09 AM

DVDZone2 are based in Belgium
Old 11-14-00, 02:38 PM

Nirvana is also available at dvdshoppingcenter for 15 euro. Shipping to Europe,USA, etc is about 10 euro for 1 to 2 dvds However shipping costs for Pre-Orders "Supplementary" is zero.
http://www.dvdshoppingcenter.com/fiche.asp?id=2328

I think this is the other or similar version discussed some months back in this forum with English "audio."
Old 11-15-00, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My copy of Subway just shipped from Amazon.fr. Can’t wait
Old 11-16-00, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

www.dddhouse.com based in Hong Kong (but they ship worldwide and have a great rep on DVDTalk) have Nirvana on Video CD for roughly $5.00 US. English dialogue with Chinese subtitles. Video CD will play in your computer and most DVD players. Quality is comparable to VHS, but this is a good cheap way to see the film first.

I'm guessing it's in widescreen like most movies released in HK.