Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Swedish buddy

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Looking for a Swedish buddy

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-00, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm interested in getting the DVD Nirvana 1997 movie starring Christopher Lambert, and Emmanuelle Seigner, its widescreen, and english 5.1. It is available at two online shops there www.dvdnorden.com, and www.discshop.se. I emailed both and got a response from discshop.se saying they don't ship overseas, and I assume the same is true of dvdnorden.

Would one of you kind DVDTalker's be willing to pick me up one, and I could either ship you something of equal value, or if you prefer kr or us$?

Old 10-03-00, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’d be interested too - this is one of my fave movies but I’m a little concerned that the only options are the French anamorphic with no English subtitles or dub, or the Swedish non-anamorphic English dub with no english subtitles. Hasn’t any country done this great movie in anamorphic widescreen with English subtitles?
Old 10-03-00, 12:59 PM
Cool New Member

I must warn you about the company which produced this DVD. Don't rely on the info provided on the case, sometimes the sound is in Dolby 2.0 when the case states Dolby 5.1; the same goes for the aspect ratio. I'm not sure about this particular title, but it can be found for less then $10.

Please feel free to email me about making a "deal".

///Martin
Old 10-11-00, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just bringing this to the top to see if anyone else knows of a site or country that has this movie in (anamorphic preferably) widescreen with English subs. martin.s would you be able to find out for sure if the Swedish version is definitely widescreen with English subs?

DVDZone 2 has this for a very low price E12 (euros) and although it is anamorphic, it only has a French audio track and no subtitles.

Anyone??
Old 10-11-00, 01:21 PM
Cool New Member

I visited my local DVD retailer last week and the cover actually said FULLSCREEN and DOLBY SURROUND. There are no english subtitles and the price was $10.

Unfortunately I haven't seen this DVD so I can't comment the info provided on the case and the mentioned online shops.

///Martin
Old 10-11-00, 03:32 PM

I have the Nirvana (R2) DVD myself. It's the Finnish version which is probably the same as martin.s was referring to. I checked the www.discshop.se site and made sure that the cover is the same as I have (the text on the cover is in Finnish, of course).

It is widescreen, English 5.1, the selection of subtitles does NOT include English ones.

- Janne
Old 10-11-00, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Janne, could you let us know if it is anamorphic or not.
Old 10-12-00, 10:11 AM

I do not know for sure, but I suspect that it is NOT anamorphic, but I do also NOT have a widescreen TV, which is why I cannot tell for sure. There is no info on the cover about this or even about the aspect ratio. The cover info even states that the sound is Dolby Surround but it is Dolby Digital 5.1.

- Janne