Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ongoing problems with Express!! - Anyone try Play247.com?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Ongoing problems with Express!! - Anyone try Play247.com?

Old 10-02-00, 11:54 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I have been using this forum for a good while now, and gotten lots of good info and tips, this is my first post.

I used to use Reel and thought they were the best. Upon their demise, I have used Express and their service has been good (in conjunction with rebate and coupon offers). BUT NOW, according to some of the current posts, they are probably the next e-tailer to fall by the wayside.

In my reckoning, by their current service is becoming abyssmal (one order which included "American Psycho" and "T2" was held up because Psycho was late and by the time it arrived, the T2 was out of stock - it was sent nearly 3 weeks late). My "Final Destination"/"From Dusk Till Dawn" order has changed from it's original release schedule to one Pre-Order and one Back-Order.

Anyway, enough of my moanings and on to the crux of my message:

A friend of mine came across a site recently that may be of benefit to any European customers. The URL is http://www.play247.com, and they ship both region 1 and region 2 DVDs, with FREE SHIPPING to any country in Europe. I have tried them once, for the DUNE - TV Edition (the 3 hour version, that many people have been waiting years for here in Europe [Region 2 version only]). Their prices seem quite reasonable (albeit the rate of Sterling exchange), and the titles I ordered were shipped in SINGLE ENVELOPES from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Seeing as Express is getting worse, and deals are becoming harder to come by from the US, I am considering them as a full time viable alternative. The titles are sent pretty quickly.

Has anyone else used them?
And, if so, are they (100%) reliable?

What do other people think (after checking them out)?

[This message has been edited by cykedout (edited October 02, 2000).]
Old 10-03-00, 03:53 AM

I think the general opinion (including my own) is that they are very reliable and can definitely be trusted.
I think you'll have very few problems with them

------------------
Welshlad
There's no need for you to tell me you think I'm right - We'll just assume that!
Old 10-03-00, 05:05 AM

I've used them previously without any problem
Old 10-03-00, 01:42 PM

Fast and reliable, though some R1 DVD are a bit expensive.
Old 10-04-00, 07:36 PM

The URL is http://www.play247.com.
Has anyone else used them?
And, if so, are they (100%) reliable?
----------
I've used them about 10 times now, always found them fast and reliable.

I will let you know how their customer service turns out to be in the final analysis: I had one faulty DVD, which they promptly exchanged (though restituting only a max of 2 return postage) - unfortunately, for another faulty copy.

[This message has been edited by Roelof (edited October 04, 2000).]