Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

NTSC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-00, 03:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I`am going to start buying R1 dvds (i`m in the UK) but do you need both NTSC TV and DVD
machine to watch these dvds.
If yes can you recomend some to me.

Thanks.
Old 09-28-00, 03:46 AM

All depends what TV you have at the moment. Most newer TV's have automatic PAL/NTSC switching. DVD player wise, you will need to get it modified, buy a DVD magazine from WHSmiths and there's bound to be a place near you that can help you out.
Old 09-28-00, 04:58 AM

If you have a multi/system TV,(which I thought was standard in the UK...it certainly is here in new zealand)it is irrelevant whether your player is pumping out NTSC or PAL as your TV will recognise both.I recommend you check your TVs manual...you may well discover that it is multisystem,but you've just never needed to use it for that before.
Just buy everything multi-region and multi-system from the gitgo and you'll never have to worry about ordering from anywhere in the world again.If you unfortunatly bought a single system player then your going to have to shell ut to get it modified.Ifyou bought a single system TV,then I'm afraid you'll have to shell out for a new TV.
I hope this has been of some help.
Old 09-28-00, 11:14 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the advice, my tv is ntsc but i bought my dvd player from a local store, it only plays r2 discs but i have a hack which will make it play r1 discs as well. So will this be alright?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-00, 01:42 PM

Yep.