Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Saving on delivery from Amazon US

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Saving on delivery from Amazon US

Old 08-29-00, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As we International buyers get done the most on shipping charges I will post this pre-order information here.

You may already know that if you place a larger pre-order with Amazon (over 5) then sometimes they will break the shipment up and send a couple titles as soon as they become available.

Well I now just found out that if you mark titles within an order as a gift during checkout you may help expedite them. I have a 7 pre-order titles in my order and just got notice they shipped T2 - Ultimate Edition, by itself, because it was marked as a gift and they want it to arrive on time.

No guarantee they adhere to these policies all the time but I think its worth knowing about them.

No extra shipping charges are added in either of these situations.

Old 08-30-00, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also ordered T2 and also Twister DTS but my Twister DVD was not shipped, even when it is in stock at thier website.And yesterday my T2 got shipped seperately. An no extra charges for the Twister DVD shipping.Sometimes they just let us go.Maybe just to satisfy the international customers.

------------------
My slow growing collectionhttp://www.dvdtracker.com/~kumarav
Old 08-30-00, 06:46 AM

Heres a trick

Say you want to buy 2 items and have them shipped in two seperate shipments without paying for 2 lots of shipping. It's best if they have differing release times or if one is in stock and the other is a preorder.

Order the two items along with another throw away item. i.e anything. making sure this order is combined into one.

Next wait till one of the items you have is shown as '1 on hand' and go into your order history and click on the edit shipping method button and choose ship all available items now. What this does is put the item into the shipping process and adds $6 to your total. Now what you do is cancel the throw away item from the order. This then leaves the two items one which is in the shipping process and one which is still to be released. Now if you then send an e-mail to customer services saying you don't know what happened but all you wanted to do was cancel the third item and your order has gone up by $6 then they will recredit the order with the $6.

But because this item has entered the shipping process they can do nothing to stop it and so you get two shipments for the price of one.

Obviously the more you do this the more chance they will catch on and eventually you'll get done and they won't recredit your account.

This has worked twice for me so I don't think it's coincidence that it shipped seperate.

Hope this helps
Old 08-30-00, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Broadsword, congratulations you’ve just confessed to knowingly defrauding Amazon one of the better if not the best on-line retailer. Posts like this are the reason there‘s less and less trust from e-tailers in e-commerce.

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited August 30, 2000).]
Old 08-30-00, 06:10 PM

And posts like yours is why this forum has become such a nasty place.

Youv'e never knowingly defrauded anyone I take it?

Look, it was a genuine mistake the first time as I was mucking about with the order and thought I could change it back from ship seperate to ship together and get my $6 dollars back. The $6 dollars wasn't taken off the order so I e-mailed them to get it refunded. The next time I did it was to see if it actually forced the order to ship which it seemingly did. Wheres the fraud?

A couple of questions for you Jonathon:

Why did I bother finally registering for this site knowing that you can't make more than 5 posts without someone being clever or flaming? I should have known better.

Do you honestly think that this sort of thing isn't rife everywhere and that your comment has any purpose at all apart from trying to be clever? Or do you just enjoy taking the moral highground all the time?

Perhaps I'll go back to lurking and nicking the odd voucher without posting eh!