Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anything worth checking out from Germany/Amazon.de?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anything worth checking out from Germany/Amazon.de?

Old 05-30-17, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Anything worth checking out from Germany/Amazon.de?

Did a tiny order over the weekend with Amazon.de for a couple of their nature/space 4ks that got really good reviews (at least on Amazon anyway). As with any 4k (at least that I'm aware of), they are region free and if necessary they have English subtitles...so these should be alright, especially at these prices.

1 of: Wildes Venedig (4K Ultra HD) [Blu-ray], Steindl, Klaus T.
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. EUR 10,08

1 of: Timescapes (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray), Diverse
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. EUR 11,08

Item(s) Subtotal: EUR 21,16
Postage & Packing: EUR 3,36
-----

Total for this Delivery: EUR 24,52
Total for this Delivery: USD 28.53 **

Last edited by Kedrix; 05-30-17 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-06-17, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix

1 of: Wildes Venedig (4K Ultra HD) [Blu-ray], Steindl, Klaus T.
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. EUR 10,08

1 of: Timescapes (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray), Diverse
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. EUR 11,08
Got these in last night...and wow. I took a chance, honestly I took a huge chance of these being pure crap fests. But I read reviews (translated from German) and did my homework. Both are in a single disc UHD black case (no blu-rays) and it is worth noting to people who care but the Timescapes spine is backwards.

Timescapes is gorgeous. I played it for about 10 minutes. There is no documentary, just amazing shots and pleasing music. (5.1 DTS HD MA). Extremely pleased, I hope to be able to watch it beginning to end by the weekend.

Wildes Venedig (translated to Wild Venice) is Venice, but not the Venice, Italy most are aware of. It's actually the wildlife of the city, and it is also very impressive in the shots I saw. It does have a documentary portion and it is in German and English 5.1 DTS-HD MA. No subtitles of any sort, but that's a minor complaint when it comes to a disc like this. I need to watch more (I was mesmerized by Timescapes), but good what I saw so far. By the way, minor note..it does say Region B on the back, but as most know, all UHD's (to my knowledge anyway) are Region Free and it plays just fine.

As you can see above, I paid about $14 USD for each shipped. Fantastic deals for what I got.
Old 06-27-17, 08:54 AM

Hell Comes to Frogtown got hit with the delay stick AGAIN! Now, August 25th according to Amazon. I mean I can wait, but it's just frustrating in the process.
Old 08-14-17, 07:33 AM

Still waiting on Hell Comes to Frogtown...honestly at this point I would be very surprised if it ever got released.

In the meantime, I decided to do a tiny order:

1 of: Das Netz [Blu-ray], Sandra Bullock
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
EUR 6,97

1 of: Drei Engel für Charlie - Volle Power [Blu-ray], Diaz, Cameron
EUR 6,97

1 of: Starsky & Hutch - Steelbook Collection [Blu-ray], Stiller, Ben
EUR 7,54

Payment information
Item(s) Subtotal: EUR 21,48
Postage & Packing: EUR 4,20
-----
Grand Total: EUR 25,68
Payment Grand Total: USD 31.54

The first one is the Region Free version of the Net. (or one of many actually, just not the US apparently unless you want a BD-R) The second is the Charlie Angels' sequel, Full Throttle, also region free (and in the same boat). The third is a steelbook for Starsky & Hutch. The disc I believe is Region B...but I do still have the DVD and I know good darn and well that a steelbook will never come out in the US for that movie. I do believe we will eventually get a blu-ray here (it's a really funny movie in my opinion) but not a steelbook. So at that price, I can buy it for the steelbook.

Last edited by Kedrix; 08-14-17 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-16-17, 06:18 AM

And Hell Comes to Frogtown in Mediabook & Blu-Ray has been cancelled. *sigh*. (Got the Amazon.de email this morning that I had to translate) Oh well.