Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone outside the U.S. used twec.com?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Has anyone outside the U.S. used twec.com?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-00, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that there was quite a good coupon for them (10 off 25),and that they shipped to the U.K.. I clicked on United Kingdom in that 'shipping to' box in the right hand corner, but when I got to the checkout, the readout said that I was not entitled to the coupon as I was non U.S..
I was ordering region 1 DVDs, so that shouldn't have made a difference, I just wonder if anyone 'non U.S.' out there has gotten a coupon to work for them at this store?
Old 08-08-00, 09:35 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hi,

I actually applied for a $20 Echo InternetCash (clicked the wrong banner: meant Amazon) so I had to order something. What I noted:
- Coupons don't work (your story confirmed)
- They charged me 17.5% tax!!!

So... Used my family-in-law US-address to work that out. But for plain European orders you can find much better deals somewhere else.

Mark
Old 08-09-00, 05:19 AM

Thanks for the info exm, I wrote to them, as I feel this is discrimination, but haven't heard back yet.
Realistically, I probably won't get an answer, as I've found a lot of company's seem to loose the ability to send e-mail if you pose them a question that's even slightly difficult.
Old 08-09-00, 06:15 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

KayUK: I also noticed that when you changes countries you also switch catalogues. I wanted to order DVD Ultimate Platinum Edition which is $24.99 when ordering within the USA and $28.95 when ordering in The Netherlands.

I wonder why they bother dealing internationally at all with these conditions...
Old 08-10-00, 12:44 AM

For the DVD Ultimate Platinum Edition, why don't you try www.ezydvd.com.au. It's AUD$29.95 + AUD$5.50 shipping.

[This message has been edited by kaneda (edited August 09, 2000).]
Old 08-10-00, 05:10 AM

KayUK wrote:
"I was ordering region 1 DVDs, so that shouldn't have made a difference, I just wonder if anyone 'non U.S.' out there has gotten a coupon to work for them at this store?"

Yeah, I`ve had the same trouble. I remember finding somewhere on their site that said something like they won`t ship you a DVD that is from another region. Why, I have no idea.
sux