Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Who are the best and worst over-all DVD retailers?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Who are the best and worst over-all DVD retailers?

Old 07-16-00, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who are the best and worst over-all DVD retailers? Include in your answer the reason.

Things to consider:

1) PRICE
2) RETURNS POLICY/ ITEMS AWOL POLICY
3) AVOIDING CUSTOMS

I've been stung by Customs 3 times now from DVDs sent by CD Universe (they do, after all, have bright green stickers to draw the C & E's attention on all their exported packages. Bad Move.)

DVD Depot rule OK.

[This message has been edited by darktrippers (edited July 16, 2000).]
Old 07-16-00, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For the Best Amazon, Express and a bit okay if they got coupons is Checkout.

And now for the worst except for the price factor is CDUniverse.
I have nothing more to say except that the Cusstomer services people are good email writers.

------------------
My slow growing collectionhttp://www.dvdtracker.com/~kumarav
Old 07-17-00, 05:07 AM

I would second both Express.com and Amazon.com and would also like to mention:

DVDStreet.co.uk -Since this IS the international forum
DVDBoxOffice.com
Blackstar.co.uk

As for bad, I have been quite fortunate, and had very few bad experiences with any of the on-line e-tailers...

------------------
Welshlad
Old 07-17-00, 09:16 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kumar J:
And now for the worst except for the price factor is CDUniverse.
I have nothing more to say except that the Cusstomer services people are good email writers.

[/B]<HR>

Totally agree. I am still waiting on 2 orders, of 2 made, for over 2 months. They have been reordered, after the 45 days auto cancellation feature, but still no luck.

How about you ?
Old 07-17-00, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dellboy, same here. I used one of thier coupons and made a 2 dics order and 1 was shipped before even 3 days time and the other was on not on stock!Even i had put a waiting order for 14days.
Well i cancelled my remaining order as soon as i knew i am gonna be charged extra for the shipping.To my horror CDUniverse actualy never sent me any orders at all and my credit card has been already charged.

Again it's another rally or emails and complaint s which the customer service people will reply.And still no result's.
Nothing can save CDUniverse.

------------------
My slow growing collectionhttp://www.dvdtracker.com/~kumarav
Old 07-20-00, 12:14 AM

For in Canada service canshop is the best follwed by dvdboxoffice. Customs tacks on $5 for handling then charges gst and pst for package values over $20 cdn. Dvdexpress now express.com from the us politely labels the packages cd/educational for which there is no duty. you still pay $5 for handling packages over $20 cdn. Consider those costs before establishing the best price.
Old 07-21-00, 12:56 PM

Thus far i've stuck mainly to amazon.com and express.com - and in the past I used reel a couple of times. The worst problem i've had so far was several reel pre-orders moving directly to back-order status and staying there..

mainly i've avoided the occasional "really good bargain" type of stores, which seem to offer great savings - the savings are not that great, and the associated risks are not worth thinking about.