Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Prisoner (box set)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Prisoner (box set)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-00, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 246 Posts
Just stumbled across the following at blackstar.co.uk:

For the very first time all seventeen one hour episodes, are available in one DVD Box Set. The Box Set contains five volumes, all in brand new digitally restored format!

The Prisoner captivated television audiences with its brilliant blend of mystery and science fiction. Over 30 years later, the show is more popular than ever, and has been hailed as the most bizarre, mind-boggling series of all time.

Click Here to see the actual listing

The preorder price is £47.99, which works out to approx $77. Shipping is included.

I *know* this is an R2 PAL disk, but I've got an Apex LH DVD unit, so playing it shouldn't be a problem. Questions for anyone who happens to know:

1 - Has anyone here in the Colonies actually tried playing an R2/PAL DVD in their Apex?
2 - Anyone over here dealt with blackstar in the past?
3 - Are there any other sources in R2 I should consider looking at to see if this is a good deal or not?

Any help appreciated!

Ken
Old 06-25-00, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoops, forgot to mention, the set will be released August 14th, and the post-release price will be £59.99 (approx $96).
Old 06-25-00, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as a price comparison, www.play247.com has the 4 disks listed individually at GBP11.99 each ( but they do not ship outside Europe ).
Old 06-25-00, 12:05 PM

kenbuzz-

I have an Apex and have played several R2 Pal disks I've ordered from Blackstar with no problems at all.

But - before you order this, check the other forums for release info on The Prisoner on dvd by A&E domestically. I believe its coming out this fall and will have extra's that the fan club and A&E are working together on.

------------------
~~ Lisa
Old 06-25-00, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Blackstar are exceptionally good, but there prices are a little on the steep side. However, they're about the best place for international customers to buy UK discs from; worldwide shipping costs are included in all their prices, and their customer service is second to none. Plus, they're about the only major online store in the UK that I know of who even ship overseas. And their 20% off on preorders is about the best deal going in the UK at the moment...
Old 06-25-00, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! I checked play247, but as indicated above, they do NOT ship to the US. I will look into the alleged A&E release, and will continue to scour the Region 2 online sites.