Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

STEVEN PORTER=BEWARE!!!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

STEVEN PORTER=BEWARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-00, 07:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks:

Here's the deal...sent the money $120 for the 4 Star Wars DVD's...said they would be shipped on the 19th of May when my check cleared and "poof" he disappears. I just checked Usenet and saw a billion posts about him and how he's just a scam artist. So i'm throwing in the towel...he is now the SECOND person to rip me off in the search for these ****ing DVD's and now i'm out $160 total. If there actually IS a person out there who is legit it is beyond me. I'm not posting this to get a bunch of "we told you so" responses or "it's illegal anyway" so keep the ******** to yourself. I want them on DVD and now i've paid the price. So what follows is ALL the information about Steven that i have...and hopefully others can avoid something like this happening to them. I sent him a personal check so it'll be nice when i get that puppy back and i can stare at his ****ing signature...i hope he has enjoyed the hard earned money that a college kid just doesn't have to go throwing around just for him to be happy and to vacation in Malaysia. He claims to still be in Scotland and has been "busted" by the police there...which makes ABSOLUTELY no sense...and his story is complete ********. He's now living off of all of our money. You can read his email below.

Steven Porter
124 Merkland Road East
ABERDEEN
SCOTLAND
AB24 5PT

Birthday: January 10, 1970

Last IP:62.136.88.27

email: [email protected] (Steven)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Supplier- IZero in Malaysia

Supposed [email protected]

His description: "yes I have the full set of 4 available without subtitles, yes they are all in Dolby 5.1 digital, they all come from the laserdisc versions including Ep1"

i should have known when he said that none of the others have subtitles.

Shipping:" It would take about 7 days from when I send it, I send it using Registered
Airmail, its packaged in a Jiffy bag so its well protected"

His kind words:" I can only reassure you that everything will go ok, after all I would like
to sell more of these sets in the future and thats not going to happen if I
ripp everyone off. Thanks for trusting me, I know what you mean, nothing worse than no response at all."

His partner (5/24)= "Steven is in the far east now on holiday and sorting out peoples DVD orders from over there, Im looking after his computer while hes gone, hes taken
everyones details away with him and will be sending sets from over there."

Ironically enough..i received this email from the man himself...less than a week later...still in Scotland.

Steve (5/30):"No Im still in Aberdeen and yes I've been busted and the authorities here
have everyones details about Star Wars DVD orders and VCD orders. My computer was taken, VCD's, video tapes, my bank account has been seized also, pretty much Im ****ed. Im sorry, you can post whatever you like on the newsgroups it hardly makes a
difference to me now, Im no longer dealing, thats the end of that."

So i'm doing just that...if anyone else has any more information...i'd greatly appreciate it. I want to contact the police over there and find out the real deal. Honestly, if he is lying which i'm SURE he is..i would love to get his ass busted. I know there are alot of people who have been ripped off by him...as i have spoken to many of them. If anyone has any contacts over there or any ideas on how to handle this sort of situation, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Craig